Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Colleen
Curious September 2019 Manitoba

September 2019 Weddings!

Colleen, on January 18, 2019 at 09:28 Posted in Before the wedding 0 34
Hi all,

I was curious about who else is getting hitched in September 2019! I'd love to hear any details about your wedding plans. Smiley smile

For me, I got engaged in August to my best friend. We live in Manitoba and are planning a small country wedding w/ lots of birch decor and lilac purple theme color. We're doing a non-traditional ceremony and each writing our own vows! So excited but nervous too!

Anyways, feel free to share if you'd like!

34 Comments

Latest activity by Seleena, on March 18, 2019 at 17:45
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello September brides!

My fiancé and I are getting married on September 23, 2019. He proposed to me on my birthday during our second trip to Iceland. It was our first trip together in 2015, and he proposed Oct 24, 2017.

We are getting married at the West Coast Wilderness Lodge on the beautiful Sunshine Coast of B.C. Our colours are pale pinks and purples (mauve, blush pink, dusty rose) and white. It will be a sort of rustic ocean view wedding. We are just about 6 months away and I am SO EXCITED!

• Nikki
    Curious September 2019 Saskatchewan
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello hello fellow September 2019 wedding folk!

We are getting hitched on September 7th at the German Cultural Center in Saskatoon. My partner and I got engaged in January 2018, so we have been able to do our planning at a rather leisurely pace. All of our vendors are booked, Save the Dates have been sent, our invitations have been designed and are ready to be printed (watching for a good sale at Vistaprint), wardrobe for everyone has been settled, and now the DIY projects have begun.

I'm making all the flower arrangements (bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, centerpieces) myself, and have purchased all the flowers and greenery already (thank you BOGO sales at Michaels!). I am also making a 10ft x 6ft flower wall to use as part of the backdrop behind our head table, using paper flowers I've been making by hand. Initially it was going to be the full length of the head table, but our head table is 30ft wide, and would need around 2500 flowers so I'm scaling things back to save my sanity. We are using slate tiles as centerpiece bases (to tone down the girly-ness of all the pink & rose gold), those have been purchased from the hardware store and are in the garage, along with all the vases for centerpieces which are ready to be spray painted rose gold once it gets warmer.

Backdrop PanelSeptember 2019 Weddings! 1

• Casey
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay wedding twinsies!! Smiley ring
    I've been finding a lot of them through the facebook marketplace, wish, and homesense/marshalls!
  • Cassandra
    Newbie September 2019 Alberta
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey I am getting married the same date too. Also doing geometric shapes. Have you had trouble finding some? If not where did you go?

• Kaitlynmwickens
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Kaitlynmwickens ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello all!

Where did January go?! time is going to fly once we hit the 6 month mark. We got engaged last February on my birthday on a trip up to blue mountain Smiley smile We were skating on the escarpment. We are getting married Sept 7th at the Ancaster Mill. We love hiking and finding waterfalls so this location was perfect Smiley smile I have been busy with lots of DIY's! I am doing faux florals becuase I cant justify spending thousands on flowers that are going to die! Our main colour is a dusty purple but my bridesmaids dresses are dusty purple, blush pink and grey! Boys will be in navy with purple bow ties.

Having my mom make my wedding cake and also doing cupcakes! Still have to find wedding bands, mens attire, ring bearer attire, vows, music selection, invitations, seating plan, wedding shoes, putting together bouquets!....I just found my veil Smiley smile I have had my dress since July ! In the process of hiring a videographer for our ceremony only...because...budget lol

Heres some DIY's

centerpiecesSeptember 2019 Weddings! 2

coursagesSeptember 2019 Weddings! 3

boutonnieresSeptember 2019 Weddings! 4

pew decor!September 2019 Weddings! 5

welcome!September 2019 Weddings! 6

• Sarah-Joy
    Newbie September 2019 Alberta
    Sarah-Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great idea to have people share like this Smiley smile

We got engaged in Banff on Oct 1, 2016 so we've had a nice long engagement. Our wedding date is Sept 7, 2019 at a rural Alberta outdoor venue. Our theme is elegant rustic and our main colours are corral (more on the orange side) and steel.

March will be a busy month for us as it will be the 6 month mark. We will be ordering flowers, sending out invitations, finalizing our wedding website, ordering our flowers, making sure bridesmaids dresses have been ordered, starting dance lessons for our wedding dance, and doing a first wedding dress fitting. Lots of exciting things to look forward to!

Otherwise, some of the other things we still need to do are: write our vows, figure out who will MC our wedding, make a slideshow, figure out what music we want at the ceremony (we have hired a cello/violin duo to play), make a seating plan, prep reception games, buy alcohol, and make a polaroid photo booth.

And lastly, all I can say is thank god for a talented and helpful bridal party! They've helped make the process almost completely stress free so far. Hopefully it stays that way Smiley smile

• Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello!
    We are getting married on our 5 year anniversary; September 14,2019.
    My nickname for my fiancé is Lumberjack so we are going with the “lumberjack” theme. A few pieces of plaid here and there with candles.
    We are having a small wedding (65) in a restaurant event room on the beach in West Vancouver so not a lot of decoration needed. Plus it will be a cocktail reception. A casual event with games, appetizers galore and hopefully a lot of laughs!

We are thinking about getting a bunch of mix tile pictures printed to hang around the venue then the guests can take one home if they want.

I feel like I ”should” be doing more but I only want something really simple so I have to remind myself not to worry!
  • Kait
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it when people write their own vows, we will be doing the same thing!

I'm getting married on Friday September 13th, 2019 (It will be our 11 year anniversary on this day) and we got engaged in September of 2018 so it's a super short engagement. We are getting married at Elora Mill which is outside of Guelph, Ontario and my colours are burgundy, blush, navy and grey.

Our ceremony will be at the venue so we have two options to use: Their outdoor and their indoor so hoping for perfect weather!

• Casey
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey!
    I'm getting married September 7th 2019!
    My colours are Hunter Green, Black, and Gold. I'm also planning on having lots of greenery and gold geometric shapes Smiley love
  • Kyla
    Kyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're date twins! We're September 21 as well! And also from Toronto! A Belleville wedding would be beautiful, we love going out there in the summer. We're also using the song September! We're having ours on the Toronto Islands.. can't wait!

• Kyla
    Kyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That cake is so pretty!

• M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello,

We are also getting married this September in Ontario (Niagara Falls Area). We actually got engaged at Banff Sunshine Village during our first ever skiing vacation! I cant imagine anyone better to continue this adventure with. We are having a vintage/rustic wedding in a big old barn!

• Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Got married in August 2018... Wedding is planned for September 7, 1019... Our venue is amazing. They are taking care of quite a few things. What we need still is grooms wear.. And bridal party attire... Wedding party gifts... And maybe a few more items...
  • Brianne
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Brianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im having something similar! Its called a Naked Smudge! I am very excited to see the end product Smiley smile

Naked SmudgeSeptember 2019 Weddings! 7

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married Sep 14, 2019! We got engaged last February on Family Day long weekend. We are from Ontario. Having a church wedding where he grew up and then reception near by at a campground with a hall. Colors are grey and saphire. We are writing our own vows too! Doing the rustic look as well!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the birch and lavender idea!

Are you having a cake? If so, here’s a birch cake design that’s pretty neat.

September 2019 Weddings! 8
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'm glad we were able to book it. They have a '12 month out' rule for booking the whole restaurant and a '9 month out' rule for the smaller rooms. So, we had to wait until December to know if we'd still be able to book the room we wanted. Thankfully it all worked out!

We'll definitely get through that to-do list and get to the big day in style!! (With a side of stressed, I'm sure! lol) I look forward to seeing the photos after your big day!!

• Colleen
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, that place is absolutely stunning!!!! Holy crap, i love it! Congrats!

That is super impressive that youre doing school, work and planning a wedding. I'm also super excited for my wedding date ! Lota left on the to do list but we will all conquer that sh*t and have our dream weddings hehe !!
  • Colleen
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow I love all the wood at your venue! It has a very classy cabin feel to it! Hope the weather is good to you and congrats!!
  • Colleen
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay Manitoba weddings hehe!! I've actually never heard of Cielo's. Funny enough, my fiance first said 'I love you' on a Friday the 13th so it's my fav date !

Our venue is the Lorette Parish Hall, it was ridiculously cheap to rent and my parents place is a minute away and that's where we'll be taking all our wedding photos (they have a huge backyard).

Aweee an xmas engagement would be so fun!!! My man proposed to me in August at my family cabin Smiley heart ! Thanks so much for sharing Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married in September and I'm so excited! We're from Toronto, but we're having the wedding in Belleville, Ontario because my uncle has a golf course just north of town. We love waterfalls, so we found a really cute one where we can have the ceremony. We're going for a natural/rustic theme.
    I picked September because September by Earth Wind & Fire is my all-time favourite song. I have know for a looooong time that I wanted to get married on the 21st of September (because of that song) and it just so happens to also be my fiance's birthday!
  • Katrin
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see! Yes, we fell in love with it seeing photographs online. It's just an incredibly magical place. It's nice to connect too! Hopefully we can share some tips.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just curious - Such a gorgeous venue! I haven't seen a lot of Brides from Ottawa/Gatineau on WW, so it's nice to connect!

• Katrin
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are! Why? Smiley smile

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you getting married at Adelina by any chance?

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I have venue envy....

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hooray for Manitoba September weddings!! Fingers crossed it wont be a cold one this year!

Whats your wedding venue? We're September 13th at Cielo's Garden Smiley smile We knew we didn't want a golf course or hotel wedding, which really narrowed our choices for venue. Cielo's is stunning, and is definitely one of the most popular venues in Manitoba. It wasn't our plan to have a Friday the 13th wedding, but when Cielo's is available, you grab it lol. We're really looking forward to it.

My fiance proposed on Christmas last year. I feel like we've had so long to plan this day and its been a long time coming, but now that we're in 2019 I feel like there's still so much to do. It'll be here before we know it!!

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

We're getting married September 7, 2019 at Vignoble de Chelsea in Chelsea, Qc. We're also hoping for an outdoor ceremony, but we'll be totally happy with our Plan B (on their patio).

Our colours are shades of pink (Fuchsia to blush), green and gold accents. Our theme is very much modern tropical, with big leaves and protea flowers.

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

September 29, 2019 here.

We're getting married at Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant in Fish Creek Park in Calgary. We're hoping for an outdoor wedding on the lawn but, if it's raining we'll squeeze our small wedding onto the covered porch or move indoors.

We're going with navy with garnet and gold accents for our colours, but we also have different tartan colours to contend with, so it's a loose colour-scheme. (And yes, there will be a piper.)

Now that it's 2019, I'm getting more excited for the wedding, even if I don't have a lot of the detail stuff hammered out yet, like flowers. lol But, I have to keep myself in check and focus on grad school and work, so flowers will have to wait.

Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant. Photo Credit: JM Photography by Jeremy Martel, retrieved from Google.September 2019 Weddings! 9

• Katrin
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Meee! My FW and I are getting married at a gorgeous barn in Quebec (we are from Ottawa) with a lot of eucalyptus, flowers, and cozy things! Our meal is fully vegan (with lots of gorgeous local autumn veggies) and we are so excited to have such a natural theme and place!! September is the perfect month to have a wedding!

• Colleen
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    October is close enough lol!! Congratulations! I also live in Winnipeg! I was honestly considering Danny's Whole Hog but i have a lot of vegans/vegetarians on my guest list. We're doing Prairie Catering.

It is crazy... sometimes i feel so in control and on track and other times i get so stressed and panicked haha! It's like a rollercoaster. But we got this!! Thanks for sharing Smiley smile !!
  • Colleen
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations !! That sounds amazing. I love the Victorian look. Ontario is amazing. My family has a cabin there and it's such a scenic place. Thanks for sharing 😊 SQUEEE i am also so excited to get married hehe!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics