Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

September 13th was perfection

Kelly, on October 1, 2019 at 13:37 Posted in Just married 0 17

On September 13th, my best friend and I got married, and it was the most wonderful day full of love, and laughter!!

The night before we had our rehearsal and it was POURING rain and FREEZING. The day of the wedding though, it rained throughout the morning, but a couple hours before our pictures and first look, the skies cleared and the sun came out Smiley smile

I guess still considered unconventional, but my fiance and I stayed together the night before. It was actually so great to have breakfast together, share our excitement, calm each other's nerves, then wish each other a fun day. There was a really weird moment between my fiance leaving, and the girls, hair and makeup people arriving. I was all alone and didn't really know what to do lol.

As soon as the day got going though, it all went so fast. My fiance and I did first a first look, which I totally recommend. We don't have any pictures back yet, but just the moment itself was so special and one of my favourite memories.

Another highlight was our ceremony. It was just....ughhhh it was so perfect!!! It just really fit our vibe; it was funny, it was sweet, it was happy. To our surprise, our officiant began with the "Mawwage" bit from the Princess Bride, which right from the start made us laugh and broke any tension we might have had. One of our good friends is a musician and a really great singer, and it was very special to us that she played the music for the ceremony. It was so beautiful, and added a really personal touch to the whole thing.

We had a day of coordinator, which I also recommend, especially if you're doing a tent wedding like we did where you caterers, DJ, and everything is separate from the venue. We left all the vendor coordinating and juggling to her, and we were able to sit back and enjoy the day. None of our vendors bothered us with questions and it was amazing!

For dessert, we did gourmet doughnuts, which were gone before we could even announce that dessert was put out! We ordered extras and everything (which the doughnut shop thought was unnecessary!). Our poor photographer had to keep the swarm at bay just so she could take a picture before it all got devoured. On another note, I'm super glad a didn't have a ton of doughnuts to take home Smiley smile

The only thing that went "wrong" was that the DJ played a different version of our first dance song. Which I'll be honest, we're still pretty annoyed at because we were really looking forward to that special moment, and our memories are now "wrong song". But in the grand scheme of things, we couldn't have asked for a better day!

It goes by fast, as everybody will tell you. My fiance and I made a pact before the day to check in with each other periodically, which I recommend, because its so easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of the day. We decided on a sweetheart table instead of the traditional head table which allowed our bridal party to sit with their significant others, but also allowed us to have a place that was just ours. Guests still came to take photos of us while we were trying to eat, which is hilarious and inevitable lol.

Thanks everybody for your support and advise along the way! The wedding wire community really helped us pull this day off!

We don't have photos back yet, but here's a couple my photographer sent me just taken from her phone. I can't wait for the more candid ones, which I'll definitely share a few when they come!

September 13th was perfection 1

September 13th was perfection 2

17 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on October 2, 2019 at 09:05
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like an amazing day! The photo's are beautiful ! My fiance and I considered sleeping night before together and didn't because amount of people staying over. But I am happy that you guys were able to and honestly I prop would have had a better sleep if we did lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Stunning pictures! You both look lovely and good advice for those yet to be married!

• Renée
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Renée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful! Congratulations 💕
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds like a perfect day! All the best to you both. So happy your day went so smoothly
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fabulous pictures. Congrats! Glad you had a great time. All the happiness and well wishes for you and your future together.
  • Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my goodness!! I've always half-joked about having our officiant do the "Mawwiage" speech! I love that that was a part of your special day! Smiley smile Congrats, you and your now-husband look so happy in your photos!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! Beautiful pictures. Smooth slides and rough patches will happen yet conquer. Glad to hear that everything for the most part went well.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazing pictures!! Your bouquet was beautiful!
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Those photos are great!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!!!! beautiful!!!!!!!!!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazing! Sounds like a dream wedding day Smiley smile Congratulations!

Your hiccup with DJ is a wedding-mare of mine. There are a few versions of our song and, just no lol But I am glad you are taking that in stride.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm glad your day was great! Can't wait to see more photos!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! Glad everything went well and excited to see more photos 🙂
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! So glad you had such an amazing day

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the candid shots!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! You look beautiful!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on becoming a Mrs.!!! Smiley ring