Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Sending Invitations

Holly, on October 9, 2018 at 16:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Hello all!

I'm just starting on my invitation, we have less than 8 months to the wedding. We are thinking of sending the invitations around February, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

How many months before your wedding did you or will you send your invitations?
Also when did you set the deadline? A month before the date, few weeks or even a few months?

Just want to get a good idea on what kind of timeline we should have! We also already sent save the dates during the summer so that is covered!

Thanks in advance! 🙂

13 Comments

Latest activity by Christine, on October 12, 2018 at 01:55
  • Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey wedding day twin! Thanks for the timeline idea. I was also wondering when to send out invitations.
  • Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The vast majority of our guests were local so I sent my invitations the first week of July and asked for responses by August 7th for our wedding on September 22nd.
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Holly, our wedding is June 7, 2019. We’re planning to start sending our invites around Chinese New Year, which will be end of January/beginning of February, when we see majority of my family - that way I save on postage Smiley smile For my fiancé’s family, I’ll probably be mailing out most so will definitely do that in January since snail mail.. lol.

We’ve set our RSVP for April 30. Gives me a few weeks to get final head count. And majority are family anyways, so I’m not terribly stressed about being able to contact people for their response.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent our invitations out 4 months in advance. I set the RSVP deadline 2 months in advance. The venue needed to know numbers one month in advance, so I wanted to give some time for us to chase down any non-responders.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our of town guests, 6 months time is good for travel arrangements. Canada wide guests 4 months is well worth beforehand given 2 months to RSVP.

I sent the invites 9 months prior and family was losing the invite over time and had to whatsapp them the to save the postage.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is end of july. our reception hall requires numbers 1 month before. so our goal is send out invitations early april with an rsvp date of mid-june. so i have 2 weeks to call stragglers.

I'm going to start designing the invites in January with my friend (shes a graphic designer). I've even debated about starting designing soon. just because we are both so busy and I don't want her to feel rushed at all.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll be mailing ours overseas in April- we have a lot of invites to go overseas so I want to make sure there’s plenty of time for those, then for everyone local we’ll hand deliver most of them since we have lots of time. Our deadline for RSVPs is October 1st and our wedding is November 23rd. I liked the idea of getting RSVPs in early, especially since everyone will have plenty of time to get them in.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent ours out this month which is 7 months before the wedding. We were going to send them out in November or December but didn’t want them getting lost among all the Christmas cards and general holiday mail. We put the deadline for RSVPs for January 15 (3 months after sending the invites) to give people plenty of time but also gives us 3 months after to get any outstanding responses before we have to submit our final numbers.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married May 24 2019!
    -Save the dates sent August/September
    -Invitations sending out around xmas (5 months before)
    -Deadline is May 1st for RSVPs! Gives us a little bit of time to follow up with any slow pokes!
    Hipe that helps!
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent our invitations out about 3 1/2 months before. We gave people until a month before to respond.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

3 Months. I was going to send mine out last week, so that people would be getting them just before the 3 months mark... but the "possible" Canada Post strike (that never happened) caused me to jump the gun. So we sent them out just after the 4 month mark.

If you're local, and if you did any STD send outs, 3 months is plenty early enough. I know it's hard to hold back, haha... I was so excited, we got our invites between the 5-6 month mark, and I wanted to send them out right away.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well my wedding is Oct. 5th next year. We will be sending the STD's this January (9 months) and the actual invitations - at least the first batch (because there may be some no's RSVP'd and we will send out more) will be at the end of April, basically May (5 months) and request that they reply by July (3 months) and send the others out at that point, and request last rsvp's by September (1 month!).

For your wedding in June if you are doing the same idea then I would send them out in January? and then more in March, and get final tally in by May. If you are only sending out one batch of invitations then I would say anytime between February - March would suffice

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if you caught my discussion about when to send STD's, but after seeing the responses on there, I think it's safe to say you can send your invitations at 4-6 months without it being considered "too soon".

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics