Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Super January 2020 Ontario

Self isolation with and without your partner

Caitlyn, on April 9, 2020 at 22:16 Posted in Living together 0 2
The current Corona Virus situation has been leading couples to spend a lot more time apart or a lot more time together.

My husband has been working from home and I have been off work due to the virus so we’ve been spending all day together during the last few weeks. It’s an interesting way to start off our journey as newly weds.
I’ve been experiencing a lot of anxiety because of the uncertainty going on right now. Bless my husband because he’s talked me through my fears and tears that I’ve been having a lot of. That has brought us closer. We’ve been doing puzzles, playing a lot of games together and binging tv shows (discussing Tiger King was a bonding experience in its own).
It can get to feel like I don’t have alone time, which can be hard because we all need time to ourselves. There have been some tension with needing space, but we roll through it with being honest.
Self isolation with and without your partner 1

For others they may be the added challenge of having to spend a lot of time apart because they’re not living together and are isolating in separate homes.
Here’s a space to discuss and vent the positives and negatives of social isolation with and without your partners.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on April 10, 2020 at 11:49
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are keeping ourselves sane and together as to what is needed and if we have to go out at all. Couples living together before and after marriage will have lots of time to spend together knowing they are safe and able to work from home if needed. We have friends that do that and they are getting their day to enjoy after they finish at their time at home.

Couples living separately right now as I know my brother (second family friend) is engaged to his sweetheart who works in the frontline and understands to wait until they can see each other again. They do keep in touch by phone every day. Its a rough patch to know the time isn't to share right now and will happen when its all done.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel lucky that so far we haven't wanted to kill each other yet. My fiance is still working and I am working at home so we aren't trapped in the house together 24-7...yet. Sometimes I hear Kitty from That 70s Show saying "pick your battles" in my head as I pick up dirty socks that are inches (inches!!) from the hamper where they go. It's working.

I've been doing a lot of puzzles which is my solo screen free activity, and he plays video games while I puzzle so we get some personal time while being in the same space. Together we have been watching all the marvel movies and going for walks when Spring allows it (stupid snow returned yesterday). On our walks we have discovered a few new spots near our house to walk which will come in handy if they close the rest of our local parks.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics