Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Secret or Sharing? - Your outfit

Joey, on June 3, 2019 at 08:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 32

Are you keeping your wedding outfit a closely guarded secret? Have you shown it to your wedding party, or maybe just to one or two close confidants? Are you sharing pics of it with everyone except your partner? Or is it not a secret at all?

Are you keeping your wedding outfit a secret or are you showing it off before the big day?

Secret or Sharing? - Your outfit 1

Photo by Rhona Haas Photo & Video in Edmonton

>>Click here to go to the next question: Your budget

>>Click here to start over: Secret or Sharing?

32 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 22, 2020 at 17:54
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is being kept secret. The only people that know what it looks like is my mom, dad and my moh since they were at the bridal store when I bought it!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom was with me when we found it, I'm gonna bring my grandma to see it when it comes in, my future sister in law came to see it and my MOH will see it when we go for our fittings. It's a secret for everyone else though, if I show anyone else is a photo of the dress from a catalog, not on me
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sharing it with only the BMs and mothers, for opinions. Otherwise I want to surprise everyone! Smiley smile
  • Megan
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have shared a photo of me in my dress to many people, mostly people who aren't invited actually! My bridesmaids and mom will see it in person, in advance, at my final fitting. Other than that it can be a surprise for my FH + our family and friends.

• B
    Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have showed it to my gmail, bridesmaid that was not able to be there to help me pick it out. And coworkers because none of them are being invited. Other than that it’s a secret
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a secret, FH saw me in it before I went for my first fitting.
    I purchased 3 wedding dresses (!!!) so I could pick my favourite. We are just eloping, so there isn't any big reception. I'm kind of thinking I may change from my very full aline into a mermaid gown when we go for dinner. It will be easier to move in. Sort of ridiculous level of excess for an elopement, but who cares, right?

*That* dress would be a surprise for FH.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With the exception of my mom and sister who were there when I picked it out, secret! My FH wanted to be surprised, and, due to a phone camera oops, I don't have a picture to share of it anyway! lol

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only a couple people have seen it - mom, sister, wedding party, and one of my other friends & our photographer. other than that I have kept it a secret

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding party, his mom, my mom and my grandma saw my dress but no one else Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only few people have seen it. the rest will be a complete surprise!

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is going to be a complete surprise with the exception of my mom, mother in law and maid of honour whom will be dress shopping with me! I want people to be surprised when they first see me and to do a first viewing with my bridesmaids.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I old showed a very small number of people it was definitely more of a secret.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not really a secret. I've shown several people pictures of it.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have a dress yet! i’m doing my shopping this weekend! i’ve already made the decision that i will be keeping the dress a secret from everyone who will be attending the wedding outside of my bridal party.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve shown it to a few people. The only person who really doesn’t get to see is my fiancé
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only people that got to see my dress beforehand were my mom and my cousin... would've also shown MIL but she wanted to be surprised on the day of.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only people who will see the dress beforehand are my mom, sisters, and MIL. No one will see the outfit in its entirety.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shared with my family only as to knowing what's being worn. The hat for my husband was bought in front of our MOHs which wasn't supposed to happen.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one's seen the outfit in its entirety but I've shared pieces of it (i.e. shoes, dress, head piece).

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been pretty open about it - I'm too excited! The only person I really care about being surprised by it is my FH.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is getting custom made but when we start designing it, I'll probably only show the designs to my bridesmaids and maybe my mom and keep it a secret for everyone else haha

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Secret, for the most part. I did share my dress with some women in my life but accessories and my hair trial were not shown to anyone.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Secret.

only my mom and my sister have seen it.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm keeping it secret from everyone save for the three people (MOH, FMIL and mom) who were with me when I chose the dress.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I shared with only a handful of people. I’m keeping it pretty secret.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Secret. Only my parents and bridesmaids had seen my dress before we got married oh and some of you on here!
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol. I’m working with a seamstress to make it so there’s nothing to show anyway. At this point it’s just a piece of cloth and and nobody wants to see that! 😂
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pretty secret - just the moms and my MOH knows what I'm wearing. I did show the earrings to my FH though lol. I wanted his opinion.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only my parents and my sister know what I'm wearing. I only have 22 guests, so I can't tell all that many people or everyone will know! My FH actually came with me to try on my very first dress, which was the one I ended up choosing. I tried on about 10 other dresses and was still in love with the first one. He doesn't know that I chose that one, so it will be a bit of a surprise I guess.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've shared it with a handful of people. I had to stop myself from sending the picture of my dress to every single girlfriend, because I got super excited!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My step mom, sister, MIL and grandma all saw the dress when I tried it on. We took pictures of this dress and have shown the wedding party. But I ordered the dress in a different colour than what I showed everyone. So the only people who have seen the actual dress I will be wearing are my sister, grandma, step mom, and I think I showed my Dad.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My immediate family came with me to see it as well as my FMIL. The rest have seen pictures of the model in it but even that was only shown to a handful of people that are close to me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics