Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Secret or Sharing? - Your menu

Joey, on June 3, 2019 at 08:29 Posted in Wedding reception 0 28

Do all your guests know what you're serving for your wedding meal? Do they know the full ingredient list, or are they choosing a category (beef, chicken, fish, veg...) without knowing the details? Or will everyone be surprised on the day? How much of your menu are you revealing before the reception?

Are you sharing your menu or keeping it a secret?

Secret or Sharing? - Your menu 1

Photo by Logie Paperie in Cambridge

>>Click here to go to the next question: Your first dance song

>>Click here to start over: Secret or Sharing?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Steph, on September 11, 2019 at 01:32
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not gonna share the exact menu, just chicken, beef or vegetarian/vegan lol
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not planning on posting the whole thing on the website or giving people a play-by-play about the food, but, if they have questions or ask about it, I'll tell them especially where those who do ask will most likely have allergies or dietary concerns.

Also, I will have enough potential crankiness and questioning in the food department for having a dry wedding and I don't want to waste my energy on keeping the rest of the menu a big secret when it doesn't need to be.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If anyone asks I will tell them. We chose to have the family style plates so there are more choices. There should be something for everyone. I'll have to find out menu for a couple of vegan friends. If anyone gets back to me about allergies I'll find out what they can or can not eat....
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having build your own tacos lmao! We have 2 chihuahuas as service dogs and we wanted another way to bring them in and my female looks like the taco bell chihuahua from like the 90s. A few guests know but I figured for a lunchtime wedding tacos will be enough. plus i love tacos and its something my autistic fiance will actually eat.

• Sandra
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Sandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've kept it a secret so far, but they will have to choose a category (chicken, vegetarian or gluten-free). Everything else is a secret Smiley smile

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided on a menu yet so we don't even know yet haha we will go into the catering place a week before and choose everything

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shared for the most part. The only thing we kept a secret was our late night snacks, everyone picked which entree they wanted and which appetizer.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we were looking at caterers my fiancé and I chose what we wanted. When I told my mom what we had chosen she replied with "I don't like that." and "that's not how it's traditionally done". The caterer we were talking to fell through, and we found a new one. What we are choosing on this menu will be kept secret. It also helps because we are doing a buffet so everyone can have a little of everything,

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have told people the menu and will have a card at the table

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be sharing our menu to ensure all guest dietary needs are met and they get the choice they would like
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only told people that asked and most people that asked were due to allergy or dietary needs. people knew the proteins but that was it.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been telling everyone what the menu is! I want people to get excited for it Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We love to tell people about our menu! we’ve hired a food truck to cater our dinner and it’s one of our favourite details about our wedding!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol we don’t even know our menu yet 😂 Our caterer is included in the venue so we don’t pick our food until august
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Shared so people could choose their meal
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll give the categories and details if anyone asks, but we won't going out of our way to share it.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shared with everyone at the tables as menus were on bell clip and choices were on the RSVP card too.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't share everything but we're letting people pick a category (beef, chicken, vegetarian).

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t share. My in-laws knew because they came to the tasting with us. We told people the food was going to be really good but not what the dishes were!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would share what we’re thinking if anyone asks but no one has yet.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't chosen our specific menu yet, but I have told people who have asked what we are most likely choosing.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t sharing but there will be plenty of options that cater to all diets so there shouldn’t be any issues.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We shared our menu with some friends and family. Not too much people asked unless they had allergies.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sharing, but only general stuff. Haven't been giving people the details.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't even know what we're having yet!! My wedding is in September and they have a seasonal menu and it won't be available until August. -.- All I know is they can do vegetarian and vegan options.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've shared the overall theme of the menu : Buffet, BBQ pork and beef w/ vegetarian options. We don't have the specifics of the menu just yet and won't be sharing it until the day-of!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't picked the specifics of our menu yet (doing it Sunday! YAY), but we do know that there will be a chicken choice, a salmon choice, and a vegetarian, that will be shared with the guests, but not the specifics.

We are really excited on what we are doing for the after glow, so we are sharing that. But the rest will be a surprise, especially for the people who have not been to our venue before

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sharing it! We are only having one choice of food and we want them to know that if they don't like it - eat before you come or bring a bagged supper!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics