Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

EbonyAriana
Curious September 2020 British Columbia

Seating Chart Help!

EbonyAriana, on October 17, 2019 at 14:28 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

I'm currently in the middle of assigning everyone seats and I am wondering how many guests everyone assigned to each table. We are doing round tables and it automatically puts the number per table at 8. Could you squeeze 10 per table or would that be too many.

Let me know what you did and why! Thank you guys so much! Smiley heart

10 Comments

Latest activity by EbonyAriana, on October 22, 2019 at 18:11
  • EbonyAriana
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    EbonyAriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for the input! That definitely helps a lot. I want everyone to feel as comfortable as possible.

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a server I strongly suggest 8, it is very hard to fit everything when there are 10. (Cutlery/glasses/center pieces, even chairs someone will end up with the leg of the table between there legs)
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a guest i hate being squished so if you do 10 people make sure you have large tables. we are doing tables of 8

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on the size of your tables. We could’ve squeezed 10 per table but it would’ve been too crowded for dinner. So we stuck with 8 which is pretty standard
  • Aly
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Aly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have both served and been sat at tables of 10 and 8 is definitely easier and more comfortable. If you can I’d try and stick to 8, but if it’s a table or 2 that need 10 for relationship wise or avoiding adding another table for 3/4ppl most rounds will fit 10
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also having round tables. Our venue recommended 6-8 guests per table. We opted for 6 guests per table. I don't like touching elbows and feeling squashed for an entire evening

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It definitely depends on table size. Our venue suggested 8 per table. I think that will work best for us. We are doing family style dinner as well so we need a bit of extra room
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think tables of 8 is pretty standard.

We had rectangular tables, so we did have a teeny bit of wiggle room if we had a group of 9 and could put somebody at the end of the table, but we tried pretty hard not to do that.

You're still a ways out. I'm all for planning the tables ahead though! I started super early, which made it easy once I had my final numbers. Its basically the hardest puzzle you'll ever do lol.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing tables of 8. It gives more room for people to eat and walk by.

As a guest, I definitely need some elbow room while I'm eating!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It honestly depends on the table sizes that your venue has, or that you are renting.

Our venue was able to accommodate tables of 8, 10 or 12. When we had our menu tasting, we were sat 10 to a table, and it was a little squishy. For bigger people, or guys with wide shoulders, it would be a tight squeeze at the table.

I only had 1 table of 10 (all kids), and the rest were 7 - 9 people at a table to give everyone room. I mean people are only there to eat, but you want them to be comfortable!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics