Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J. M.
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Seating

J. M., on March 13, 2020 at 18:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
In terms of a seating chart, or at least figuring out who is at what table, how did you decide that? Draw it out? Excel document? List?

Thanks

7 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on March 16, 2020 at 20:59
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also used WW seating chart. I didn't focus on the room decor and such. Just put my tables out and filled in seats by putting friends or family together and mixed in people I thought would go well getting to know each other. It is a smaller wedding so just are immediate family and friends.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used the WW seating chart as it was easy and simple to put families together mixed for immediate. Cousins, coworkers and friends were seated as groups with whom we figured fit well together.
  • Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wrote out lists of different groups (mutual friends, my family, his family etc.) then inputted all info into AllSeated, then made a diagram of each of the tables.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to get poster board and then draw out how everything will look for the reception. Once that's done, we have post it flags with everyone's names on it to add to the chart. Plus that way we can move people around easier.

Once everything is finalized we are going to add everything to a template from Etsy and then have it printed out at Staples.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've used photos of the space to build the room on the wedding wire site so I can see where I want certain tables and things.

Before you put all the work in you can contact the venue to see if they have any dimensions or charts they like to use.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There’s a tab for it here on ww! I loved using it since it gave me a good spacial idea of how it would work.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has a software that mimics the layout of the room that we can move around and add people to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics