Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Seated meal coding

Jen, on May 24, 2018 at 10:00 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15

Anybody else doing a sit down meal for their wedding and needing to code your place cards for the catering staff to figure out who has which meal at each table? We have to, so we decided to use these super cute paper flowers for the corners of the place cards. They only had three colours so we had to improvise and pick a different type of sticker for the kids meals.

Pink is beef, white is chicken, blue is vegetarian, and the hearts are for the kids meals. I think they look cute (except for the blue flower- it doesn't go with our colour scheme lol). We just used glue dots to hold them in place!

Seated mealSeated meal coding 1

Place cardsSeated meal coding 2

15 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 7, 2018 at 01:34
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those look so good! What a great idea Smiley smile

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love those!! That is such a cute system!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a great idea! We are hoping for buffet but if we end up with seated meals I will be sure to steal that from you haha Smiley winking

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very good idea! We’re doing a buffet so we don’t have to worry about this but I do want to indicate the gluten free and dairy free options along the buffet (or on the menu board)
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super cute idea! Definitely an easy way for them to recognize choices and still keeping an elegant wedding feel.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's just normal shiny card stock from Michaels. And yep! Just a normal printer Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SUPER cute idea!!!!

my best friends wedding a few years ago we did a jewel in the corner with different colors depending on the meal.

and LOVE The look/template. where did you get the paper? and just a normal printer?

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im not coding mine, but I will notify my catering event mgr of allergies etc.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a great idea, I love the place cards!

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Such a great idea!!! I love the font as well, you did an amazing job with these.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the information, I will have to try it! I love that it all matches. It looks amazing.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually printed them myself! It matches our seating chart, memory board, cards and gifts sign, and our signature drink. I ordered the template from Bliss Paper Boutique on Etsy and printed everything at home. The paper is shiny so it makes the gold printing look gold, but it actually isn't. It was just done on a normal printer.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I LOVE your place cards!!!! Where did you get them? Were they pre printed with the gold writing?
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also have a printed meal list for the venue, obviously, and our coordinator will have a copy of it as well so that she can tell them what dish goes where in case they do end up putting them in their pockets, which I doubt will happen. Hopefully we don't run into that problem.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it happens to be your guests put their cards on their pockets. The staff won't know what meal to provide.

We had sit down dinner too and had provided on the seating plan according to the guest what meals to serve. It helped them than guessing and asking. Kids were the same and no mistakes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics