Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karen
Expert September 2018 Ontario

Savings

Karen, on March 9, 2018 at 12:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21
What are the biggest savings that you have made with your wedding planning?

Mine is my videographer/photographer since they have both packages together at great a price. They also will be shooting from beginning to the end. I get all photos they take as they don't limit how many I get. And this will only cost me $1250 no tax. 😍 I'm so excited that I want September to come.

21 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 13, 2018 at 08:59
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Decorations! my future sister in law had all her decorations left over and it was similar to what I wanted. I can re-use most of it and the rest I had in supplies already give to me for free.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flowers! My sister-in-law offered to make bouquets and my future mother-in-law offered to grow flowers for us to help us save money!

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our DJ is a friend, parents bought my dress, and are using a family wedding band.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love buy and sell pages they’ve been great for buying decorations for our wedding! Thought I was going to have to craft/diy a lot but I haven’t had to do a lot which makes my life easier lol
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did the same. I bought all my centerpieces from someone on kijiji that has the same color scheme as me. It's really a great way to save and plus good way to reuse
  • Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding cake and wedding dress! My sister from another mister makes cakes and she offered to make my wedding cake and cupcakes as a gift to me. My mom bought my wedding dress for me as well.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the decor ourselves, I have bought off of Facebook groups for the last ten months. I think I'm almost ready!! Lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We saved on transportation fpr one and real flowers for a second. They weren't needed as our wedding was small and intimate.
  • Guilmette
    Newbie June 2019 Quebec
    Guilmette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married next summer but we are already making our budget that is already skyrocketing so we will probably send our invitations by email to save a bit.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t do paper invites. We did both our save the dates and invites digitally so that saved us a lot of money.
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well at least you don't have to worry about going over on your wedding dress budget. I did the same thing, i saved as well in my invite and Dj but i put that savings toward my dress so i don't have to worry about going over.
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's really great to know someone in the wedding industry. They often offer for free. I wish i knew or my fiance or families knew someone.
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is it all inclusive? And if it is then your saving with food and drinks 😀
  • Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that's lucky of you guys! I never won anything lol and obcourse you can upgrade for sure. My fiance culture he'll have to give me new rings in 5, 10, 25 and 50 years. Because my ring now will go to future DIL if i get a son then the 5 and 10 year ring to my daughter(s). Then i keep the other 2. I got his mom original ring and her 5 year ring since there's only him and her sister.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow that’s an amazing deal! We’ve saved some money by making our own wine but that’s about it so far lol and our DJ is a family friend and has offered to do our wedding for free but of course we’re still going to give him something!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding bands Smiley smile we won them from one of the Bridal Expos, only had to pay shipping so $60 for both rings. I don't love mine but we both decided we will upgrade our rings at a later date for now they will do Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think we've had any savings, haha, SO MUCH MONEY.

We decided to do away with the wedding cake, so I guess we saved there?

• Karen
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh nice! I did the same thing. I saved alot with invitations and put the savings towards my dress 😂
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My moms best friend is decorating for me, she has her own business and my moms other best friend is our officiant whom I've known my whole life! Both services are probono! My neighbour is also designing our monogram and invitations as a wedding gift so that saved us a bit there as well! Although I must say, by saving money there just allowed me to inflate in other areas (such as my dresses) so I don't know if I'm really saving lol
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think our biggest saving was venue. We didn't have to pay a thing for it since it was family property.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics