Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

save the date Nightmare!!

Natasha, on June 18, 2018 at 13:41 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22
I order my save the dates and just realized now that I forgot a very important piece of information. THE LOCATION! I don’t know how I missed it. Now I am freaking out. What do I do? They are literally getting delivered today so no adjusting. I put the wedding website on the save the dates.

22 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on July 1, 2018 at 01:00
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think as long as it isn’t a destination wedding it should be fine. Most people assume it’ll be near to where you live anyways. I skipped save the dates and only sent my invites out 5 months before the wedding and didn’t have a problem Smiley smile
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't worry about location you can do that for your invites. Your save the dates are pretty much a heads up this is happening on this date and you are invited.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would not worry about the location - I know a lot of people that have not put their location on their save the dates and keep that part for the actual invitations. Also, if you have a wedding website with the all the information, then you are still covered. Take a breath, it's all going to be okay.

• Alexa
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldnt worry about it! what matters is they know what date it is.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save the dates are pretty self-explanatory in that they are used to help people keep in mind that a date on their calendar will be reserved for a specific event. No other details are really necessary.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. I feel a bit better.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our save the dates literally just had a photo of us and the date. No other info. I think you are okay! Smiley smile
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only had the date on ours.. the rest is for the formal invitation! If you have all the info, you might as well skip one and save some moneySmiley smile

save the date Nightmare!! 1
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It should be ok, as long as they have the date and it is on the other invitations and website.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just put the city on. We didn’t put the location on. The invitation is for information like that. Save the date cards are as the name implies just to tell people to save the date.
  • K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s totally fine to not put the location on your save-the-dates! It’s purpose is for the actual date itself - the rest of the info is on the invites and/or wedding website. I think the majority of save-dates I’ve seen/received haven’t included the venue. All good!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry. especially if you have the website info.

I've gotten lots of save the dates without location. especially if you are getting married in the city you currently life. the key on them is the date!

if you are sending save the dates to people that live out of province or the country. then maybe include a little business size card with "wedding in Toronto" or something.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As others have said - don't panic. We didn't include anything but the date we were getting married, and our names on our Save the Date's!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No need to panic! Save the dates are just for that! Saving the date! Mine just have the date on them and that a "formal invitation is to follow" which will send to guests closer to the wedding date that will have all the information needed! The save the date is just to let people know things are happening on this specific date but more details will follow!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't include any information other than our names and the wedding date on the Save the Dates, so don't panic!

Save the Dates aren't for details, just a general calendar reminder. If they have a link to your website, include the information there if you prefer.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Breathe!

They’ll save the date and find the location details on the website and the invitations.

Nobody will know you didn’t intend to do it this way, but you...(and us 😉).
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are mailing them yourself add a piece of paper indicating the location. Otherwise just make a note on your wedding website.

I had a mistake on my invitations and had to print out a second card to go with the invitations to indicate the revised RSVP date.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's absolutely fine that there's no location on the STDs! Just put it on your invitations.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have the website on them I wouldn’t stress too much. Your website will have it there along with any other info they need. The benefit of a website is you don’t need to have too much info on the cards you send out because it’s all in 1 convenient place.

If you have guests who like to plan well in advance and you think will start planning any travel the second they get it you can always check in with them after and direct them to the website where all that info should be (hotels if needing blocks, locations and times, directions if needed, etc). Same with if they are not good with tech or don’t use a computer you can follow up with them and let them know the details and that they will also all be included in the invite coming later on
  • Maureen
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't put the location on for my save the dates!

Just our names "save the date" and the date!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save the Date is just that.... to save the date. Unless you are doing a destination wedding, people will assume it's for around wherever you live.

Also yes, Julia's right. Just make sure your location is on your wedding website so if people do wonder, they can go on and check.

• Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Put it on the wedding website front page so its there as soon as people visit the site

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics