Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcy
Frequent user October 2020 Saskatchewan

Saskatchewan Wedding Favours - Help!

Marcy, on January 6, 2020 at 15:57 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

My fiance and I are getting married October 10 of this year in a small country church in southern Saskatchewan. We're trying to keep our theme 'Prairie Saskatchewan" without it being too country. My fiance is from Ontario and most of our guests are coming from out of province so we want to give them something unique to Saskatchewan, but we can't seem to decide on wedding favours. I'd prefer to make them ourselves to keep costs down, or find something relatively cheap. I like the idea of having something our guests can eat or snack on. We're having a local BBQ place cater our supper with prime rib and all the fixings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I've thought about Saskatoon berries, or something made with them, because they're really popular in our area...

4 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on January 17, 2020 at 12:21
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Contact some local favor shops and ask them im sure they can give you a good price as well depending how many youre ordering

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, Marcy! I love the idea also of making jam from berries and personalising the jar with a label with your names and wedding date. You could also add a cute tag with some text like "Love Is Sweet" to the jars!

Here are some inspo pics from Pinterest!

Saskatchewan Wedding Favours - Help! 1

Saskatchewan Wedding Favours - Help! 2
    Saskatchewan Wedding Favours - Help! 3
    Saskatchewan Wedding Favours - Help! 4

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Marcy,

I love love the idea of Jam. I'm in Quebec and doing mini maple leaf jars/syrup. If you have to purchases little jars, maybe think of something else to put it in. The jars are more on the expensive side. Its up to you and what you prefer.

You can add a card with where the berries came from or a recipe as Lisa said.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of Saskatoon berries! Either a jam, or (depending on cost and how may, presentation, etc.) some berries with a recipe for something to make with them? Very rustic and prairie but not too much so!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics