Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Frequent user July 2020 Ontario

Sandals Honeymoon July 2020

LJ Hisey, on May 25, 2020 at 15:29 Posted in Honeymoon 0 8

Hi guys!

My FH and I have a honeymoon booked for end of July this year to St Lucia Sandals.

Anyone have issues with changing their bookings? I haven't gotten the nerve to call and ask because I am afraid of the answer we might get.

We are still going to get married in July very small. We ideally want to postpone the honeymoon and just take the trip when it is safe to do so.

Any ideas for a small honeymoon trip in Ontario? Any cool destinations other than the classic Niagara?

All suggestions welcome!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 11, 2020 at 11:02
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Call and cancel or postpone it till next year. i know people have been given credits. so im sure they will. you can do thousand island in kingston or you can go to muskoka or up north, theres also the bruce peninsula which is really nice swimming

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like others have said, you’ll probably have to call the representative you booked with. Same for the flights if you booked them separately.
    As for Canadian honeymoons, what would you be interested in doing? If you’re looking for quiet nature, you can likely rent a space in cottage country. Banff is also reopening to the public which has both nature and modern amenities.
  • Haylee
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also, I live very close to Prince Edward County (county blood flows through my veins!) and that would be a really charming spot to consider like others have said. Wellington, Picton, Bloomfield are all gorgeous little towns to explore and I imagine most of their shops will be open come July. Sandbanks is a really fun beach too - the sand dunes are so cool!

• Haylee
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat as you! Still having a small ceremony in July. We hadn't booked our honeymoon or anything since we just got engaged beginning of March. Originally we planned to go to Quebec City but that is looking highly, highly unlikely. If not, we're thinking of maybe doing Bruce Peninsula National Park? Depending on what Parks Canada announces will be available come June 1. We've both never been there and I want to see the flower pots! I definitely want to be somewhere close to beaches if we have to do it in Ontario, but also a good spot to find a hiking place in the woods nearby. We're outdoorsy people!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who did you end up booking through?
    We booked our honeymoon through sunwing & we are going to Aruba. We were supposed to leave after our wedding in July but of course there is no wedding now & we can't fly. They had moved our trip to our new date in October with no hassle, but they did advise if we had to move again I would lose my deposit UNLESS I purchased the cancellation insurance which was $50/each. We did it because we have NO IDEA what is happening with COVID and we've a;ready put over half down for the honeymoon, so we wanted to be sure we would get it all back.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would reach out to your travel agent or representative at Sandals and see what their policies are. I would be willing to bet they will want you to postpone rather than cancel. Sandals is usually great about holding rates and rooms so I would expect their customer service to be helpful and supportive right now.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOL coincidence! We were doing our honeymoon in St. Lucia in July.

We booked through a travel agent and we are getting a credit because you can't get a refund because Sandals will be open in July.

We're using our credit to re-book a trip next year.

I agree with Hank - Muskoka, Thousand Islands and PEC are all good destinations! I would check quickly to see if there's any availability though as they tend to book up quickly.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just call the travel agency and specifically ask what their covid-19 contingencies are for customers who are booked for dates during the pandemic. I hope you have travel insurance!

What kind of things do you want for a getaway? If it's just laying around on a beach or hanging around nature, there are plenty of options. Muskoka, Thousand Islands, and Prince Edward County are just a few.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics