Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Same individual different problem

Donna, on July 4, 2019 at 09:43 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14
So the same niece I spoke of not coming to my rehearsal to take photos has taken upon herself to tell everyone that our Wedding is @ 5.00 pm. I was working all day yesteady so I didn't know what was going on. I came home picked up my Wedding Dress which is so lovely now, with the changes I made to it. My Groom to be said did u see what Kathy wrote on our site. She's telling everyone when our Wedding is. What the fruits I went to our site on Facebook. Yep getting everyone upset. So I photocopied the Ceremony 12:30 & Reception 5pm . Now saying negatively agense the weather. Our weather can change like a heartbeat. So it be what it's going to be. My Groom and self just rented out a portable bathroom just for under 2 hours. Cost me 90.00 I'm paying for it.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Steph, on July 6, 2019 at 02:16
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Any time! I have someone in my circle of best friends that I realllllllly don't seem to get along with, and the way she treats my fiancé has been so rude from the start. I really didn't want her in the bridal party after seeing that, but because of the dynamic in our friend group, I can't ask my other good friend in our group to be a bridesmaid because it would cause all kinds of drama in the circle and it would just NOT be good. So I'm totally with you on the stresses of important people not being who they really should be. Brides gotta stick together through the madness!! lol 😁❤
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Family drama up one notch!

Your niece doesn't seem to have one single bit of respect for your wedding or you both in that manner.

Your invitation has all the information for the guest to read and she has the nerve to go do what she did for timing. That's really rude and obnoxious.

My brother and I butted heads during my whole wedding plans and thought he knew better without asking me what was done or how if he could help in any way possible. My parents had no issue with the way I got things done and loved everything I had arranged to the minimal.

In whole, I'm glad you have a plan and going to go ahead with it for your niece. The fact your FH is behind you with this is great and not putting up with the nonsense.

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree I've already spoken with my Groom n we're on agreement it sounds unlike me but for sometime I've not let anyone step all over us. Honestly if she does or doesn't take our photos after all this is finished I am taking her off of Facebook and all connections . Rain or shine our Wedding is happening thanks for being there & listening to me ramble on.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No way! That's just so unfair! Takes nonsense to a new level 😑 I know that family is family but you deserve a beautiful and HAPPY day with your soon-to-be husband...it might mean removing his niece from the guest list, wedding website, etc. I would also find another photographer, just to be sure that the photos actually get taken and that they turn out as they should.

Sorry to hear you're going through this! It will all come to a close soon enough and by then, you'll be married! Woohoo! So stay positive ❤
  • Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Believe you me I'm laughing about it. I'm not letting no one spoil our Day my Groom and just had a great laugh but how people want others to Respect them but it's only one sided. Image that. Great advice from everyone here gotta love you all Thank you for all listening and getting back too me
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Some people need to remember its not their and should be respectful of this. You shouldn't have to put up with it either.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know you're coming up quickly to your wedding day. It sounds like your niece needs to be cut from the facebook wedding page and, if your backup photographer is available, cut from the wedding. If she's stirring the pot like this before the wedding, I can't imagine what she's going to do the day of!

All the best and I hope you find someone else to take photos for you!

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nope I am asking other people my maid of honors boyfriend maybe we will see what happens
  • Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Some people only think of themselves. She's upset because she mentioned about her sisters daughters child to be my flowergirl I already have my flower girl why would I do that. It's a lot of things, I also mentioned no photos are to show up on social media she's upset about that. I told her it's my Wedding you will do what I ask of you. I am not about to take anyone's grab my Wedding i's like a day away. I'm asking a few people of someone else to do my photos as a second photograper we never know these days.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fingers crossed he is available!

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm just waiting for a friend's son he does that line of work.
  • Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That person also said if it rains no photos I'm already looking into a friend's son I'll see if he's available
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That is very upsetting she would do something like that. I would see if there is anyone else last second you could get for a photographer in affordable range because I would hate for her to drop out or not bother taking any photos on your wedding day.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

She doesn't exactly sound reliable or like she knows what's going on - are you sure you want her taking pictures at your wedding? You may be able to get a last minute photographer for cheap giving that it's short notice?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics