Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Naomi
Curious September 2018 British Columbia

rsvp Woes

Naomi, on August 11, 2018 at 12:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
I mailed all the invitations a couple of months ago, and we’ve had a few RSVPs trickling in. Yesterday was the RSVP deadline, and 65 of our 145 guests still haven’t responded! Is it normal to not hear back from so many people, or did we do something wrong?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on August 14, 2018 at 15:39
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had the same problem. I spent a lot of time calling, emailing, FB, instagram, asking family to contact other family. It's a process and it sucks that people can't just drop it in the mail- super simple but unfortunately people forget. Just send out a mass email first to everyone you are missing and give them a new deadline so that you get them in.

It is a lot of nagging and hounding. Good luck! You will eventually get everyones. My wedding is in 18 days and I am still waiting on 2 more people lol

• Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very true. About a month ago I *really* wanted to post a rant on Facebook about how we're needing to spend money buying items like how wedding favours and bottles of wine without knowing if we'll even be needing half of them by the time the wedding date rolls around. But I thought that would look too obvious so decided that I'll save it for next year when wedding season starts: "Just a friendly reminder to RSVP to wedding invitations right away so that you don't needlessly stress out the bride and groom." ;D

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it is you guys. Most people tend to forget unless they do it right when they think of it. I would just reach out to everyone (mass e-mail or Facebook post) to remind them.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had the same issue as well! Two weeks before our deadline we were waiting for 190 to still rsvp! After I posted on Facebook it cut it down quite a bit but we still had to reach out to a lot of guests a couple days before our deadline as we still had over 80 left.
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stephanie is soooo right! Lots of people dont understand ths etiquette and all the stresses related to wedding planning etc.

My date is August 22nd and I’ve been lucky, but we’re having a smallllll wedding.

Good luck xx
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had set a deadline 6 months prior to the wedding to get all my numbers in and if any declines followed, it was easier to know then. Family was easy to reach and get answers when needed.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think mine was close to that! I think a lot of etiquette has gone out the window these days, so sadly, responding to RSVPs is becoming less common. Just send out a reminder email or phone call and make sure people know to reply either way (sometimes people think they only need to reply if they are coming). Some people may have forgotten so a reminder would prompt them to reply.

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our deadline was August 7th and we had only received approximately half our responses. We did, however, receive almost all by the end of this week. There seems to be postage delays with Canada Post in our province and some people had mailed it close to the deadline without realizing it could take over a week to get to us. We did reach out to people after our deadline and a lot of people told us they already mailed it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics