Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauren
Newbie September 2017 Ontario

Rsvp website with meal choices

Lauren, on January 5, 2017 at 15:18 Posted in Tech support 1 11

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has found a wedding website that allows guests to RSVP and select their meal choice from a drop down? Most of the sites only allow for a yes or no and not meal choice.

Thanks!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on October 6, 2018 at 20:51
  • Holly
    Newbie July 2019 British Columbia
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You actually CAN edit menu choices from within WeddingWire and have it be automatically part of the RSVP! It's just not intuitive on how to get there.

Click GUESTS tab at the top...

Then click WEDDING (under the Overview section)

Then click SETTINGS (blue text, near upper right)

From there, you can choose to track meals or not, and you can edit the meal selections. We are having a buffet so I made my meal selections:

Allergies - will send a note (and they respond in comments)

Child Meal

Gluten Free

Omnivore

Other - will send a note (and they respond in comments)

Vegetarian

Then it's automatic when folks RSVP. Hope this solves your problem.

Cheers!
    Holly

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oops, totally replied to the wrong board. I'm sorry!

I think you're able to add that information to Wedding Wire, though.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't have any issues using it though most people RSVP'd in paper so I filled in the RSVPs myself on the website so I could use the seating tool.

• Sasha
    Newbie March 2018 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi there!

Did you have any issues using the american wedding wire site for your RSVPs? This sounds like a good option. I noticed you have to choose a state for your "venue location"

Sasha

• Chelsey
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using appycouple - you are able to add RSVP questions to your RSVP tool as a widget. Once the guest RSVPs, it populates in the RSVP section of the dashboard. When you look at a specific guest, it says whether they accepted/declined and there is a widgets section where you can click to see their widget choices. I used this to provide a meal option, dietary requirements/allergies section, and a song selection. I am keeping a separate spreadsheet with the options selected, which I find easy enough! I just downloaded my guest list into excel and track it.

• L
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Liana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I absoloutely can't believe the meal selection function is not linked to the guest management tool. What's the point of having the meal selection on there at alll? The survey tool is so inefficient!

So annoyed that I printed this website on the RSVP cards!

• Alley
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Knot for sure! My friend is using it and I rsvp'd and right away the menu options come up for me to choose one then it asked if I wanted to select for my spouse as well. Way more user friendly then wedding wire I wish I had of used it instead, the food selection options are so much easier!
  • Richelle
    Curious July 2017 Ontario
    Richelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Emilie it seems that the poll or survey is very email specific for example if a couple want to respond and they share the same email then how does each individual person choose what they want if they are a couple with the same email ?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lauren! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart The way to do it on your wedding website is to create a poll or survey and ask your guests to write their menu options in the comments when they RSVP. Here's how to do it:

How can my guests RSVP on my website? 4 step instructions

How To Manage your RSVP in 3 steps

Let me know if this helps! Smiley smile How are your preparations going? Are you inviting more than 100 guests to your wedding?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm just asking my guests to leave a comment with their RSVP with dietary restrictions. But you could always just list the menu options on the RSVP page and asks guests to please leave a comment with their choice when they respond.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used the American Wedding Wire website and I believe that it allowed for food options. You might want to try The Knot too. Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics