Shyan
Curious July 2021 British Columbia

rsvp - mail vs online?

Shyan, on 9/August/2019 at 14:49 Posted in Before the wedding

Hello!

I am looking for tips and tricks on RSVP !

Is everyone mailing still with all the technology at our fingertips?

Where did you purchase them?

Thanks a bunch

Share:

48 Comments

• Ashley
    Devoted August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·

Were doing online. everyone has a cell phone and laptops and ipads even grandparents and aunties and uncles lol. worst case they will call you to RSVP

• Sondra
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sondra ·

RSVPs are online for the most part due to most of our guests being international, for my grandparents and such it will just be calls.

• Julia
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Julia ·
    We’re sending out paper invites, but rsvp on our wedding website. (Exception for those who don’t use technology)
  • Lauren
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    I am planning to do paper invites in the mail because I like the idea of it. I went to two weddings this summer. The first had mailed invites. They were beautiful. But when I was at th actual wedding I forgot the invite (as many did) so I didn't have the info and that was a bit annoying. The second wedding did electronic invites. No, they're not as pretty but in a year from now am I really going to remember? No. And when I'm at the wedding I can pull up the invite on my phone and see what's happening.

At the end of the day, I think it depends on budget. If your budget is tight, save the cost and send them electronically. Put that money towards something you NEED for your wedding (rather than something you want). Do what makes the most sense for you! Other people won't care and it's not going to be the thing they remember from your wedding!
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    We had a pretty formal and traditional wedding so it only seemed proper to send paper invites and RSVPs. That being said, do what works best for you! We purchased our invites from minted.com and I was really impressed with everything. The gold foil was actual foil.

If youre looking for a company to order invites from, minted is fantastic.

Honestly though, paper invites and RSVPs are expensive. It’s an added cost that doesn’t need to be incurred with technology nowadays. You could save yourself $1000 by doing email invites and RSVPs. With paper RSVPs, keep in mind the cost of stamps too.

Let us know what you decide.
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Katherine ·
    I just used WeddingWire for the invitations, and all though it isn’t super fancy, it did the trick 😂 I like that they keep track of analytics and meals as well. For meals I just did different types of allergies so I could easily keep track just on the site (ex. Adult meal with no allergies; gluten free; dairy free; vegetarian; etc)
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·

We are doing a mix! RSVP cards are from basicinvite.com, delivered to all guests. There will be a link written on the card that rsvp can be done via our wedding website as well

• Julie
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    I purchased mine online at vistaprint and it arrived in 2 days !! They are very quick and very pretty prints ! I mailed mine and I am also doing online rsvp for the people who haven’t responded to my letter yet.
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    I’m doing a mix of paper and electronic (email or some app or even text/call). I think it depends on a couple things... budget, the age groups invited/ their capabilities, personal preference!

That being said:
    Im equally scared of one getting lost in the mail and an app screwing up someone’s rsvp 🤷‍♀️ So consider personal preference and budget first I suppose 😅
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    We are sending out mailed invites but doing rsvp by text and email so people don’t have to mail it back. Also saves on including return postage!
  • Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·

I designed our own and sent most of them over facebook messenger, only mailing ones to grandparents, family without the internet. Better for the environment and saved a tonne on postage. It also communicates that you are open to various methods of RSVP's which hopefully means less of people not answering.

• Koryn
    Beginner May 2020 British Columbia
    Koryn ·
    View quoted message
    You can do that I'm hand making 95% of my decorations 😊 my fiancee is making thrones for us to sit on its gonna be great
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    View quoted message
    Often time you can purchase a design on Etsy and then you can put that into Vistaprint yourself through a custom design
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    View quoted message
    Beautiful colour choices and great buying options! Very easy to find sales and deals/coupons for these places!
  • Tera
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Tera ·
    View quoted message
    Lol I can definitely relate. You still have lots of time so take it once step at a time. Everything will work out.
  • Shyan
    Curious July 2021 British Columbia
    Shyan ·
    View quoted message
    I appreciate it !

Comment on this discussion

Related articles