Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carly
Curious September 2020 British Columbia

rsvp Deadline

Carly, on August 26, 2019 at 13:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Hi All,

So I am in need of some advise. I am trying to figure out when I should set my RSVP deadline as. My wedding is May 23, 2020. I have to provide a final count by May 8. I was thinking of setting my deadline one to two weeks before that so I have time to call anyone who has not yet rsvp'd. Thoughts? Is two weeks too early?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Katrine, on September 11, 2019 at 19:57
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Set your RSVP by date at a minimum of one week before final numbers are due. You can set it to 2 weeks before if you want to give yourself the extra time. Totally up to you.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im doing a month deadline before my wedding cuz i figure the following week ill have to chase people so that gives me 3 weeks to let ALL vendors and my hall know

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I have the same wedding date date as you, and set our RSVP for January 23, that way we have time to track down any outstanding RSVPs, which I know will happen. We’ve already sent our STDs, because a lot of our family had to travel quite a ways, and some guests need more notice to get time off from work (camp work, military, firefighters, etc).
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We plan on giving a month to get everyone's and then provide to the caterer.

There are usually always people that need to be chased.

• Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I'm going to do April 17th, 2020 since it is 5 weeks before the wedding and 3 weeks before I need to provide my venue with a final count.

• Sarah
    Beginner May 2020 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Let me know what day you pick cause mine is the same! and i have no idea!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6 weeks before would be idle for your guests to reply back to you. April 1st would be a good date so you can collect your final count to provide to your venue and other vendors.

My cousin is getting married in 2 weeks on September 14th and set her RSVP date for July 1st to give you an idea.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a month before the wedding. This gave us enough time to chase the last of the RSVPs before the caterers and venue needed the final numbers.

• Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your advice I really appreciate it!

• K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would set it around a week before our final numbers are due. This will give you enough time to reach out to guests that haven’t RSVP’d and not asking them to reply too early.
  • Melanie
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did my deadline exactly 1 month early. July 31 was the deadline and I have had people still this week calling to ask if they can bring an extra guest. I had to give my venue an approximation, I over shot by about 5 people so I had room for any last minute guests. People truly don’t care about deadlines which is frustrating. I had to call about 40% of my guests to confirm.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To give time to call the people who just don't RSVP I would give the standard 1 month deadline. So if your Wedding is on May 23rd 2020 I would set the RSVP deadline as April 23rd 2020. My first round of invites we had given people 2 months to RSVP and they were due July 5th and our second round of invites that are currently out have until September 5th to RSVP! (wedding on October 5th)

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say giving yourself 3-4 weeks is pretty standard. You want as much time as possible. It'll go fast enough
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome! Especially the month before. I still have a little under half of my RSVPs that still need to come in and I’m starting to stress lol. So for sure give yourself plenty of time
  • Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Casey! That's a good point that leaving it too late can cause a lot of stress close to the wedding.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally I would give your self a little bit more time before the day your venue needs numbers. This way you are not super stressed for those couple weeks trying to contact everyone.
    My numbers aren’t needed until the week of our wedding and my RSVP deadline is Sunday (so really Tuesday with labour day) this way I have 3 weeks to hunt people down!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics