Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

rsvp Deadline!

Holly, on April 26, 2019 at 16:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Well today is the day, our RSVP deadline! We have had about 92% of our guests have sent us their RSVP, we have contacted the rest and have given them till the end of the day. Out of the ones that have sent their RSVP we have only received 8 no's! For the longest time we were at 100% yes and I can't lie I was kinda excited to see that first no, not because I didn't want them to attend but because I hate being the centre of attention so less people the better for me.

I am so glad that it is the deadline, RSVP's have been extremely stressful especially this past week because we still had a lot of guests not send them. A few guests had actually got me pretty PO'd. A few didn't bother to actually tell us they would not be attending until I asked them yesterday..makes me wonder if I hadn't asked if they would have just completely avoided telling me?? Earlier on we also had a situation like this. A family friend of my FH said he wasn't sure if he would be able to attend as his cousin is getting married the same day but he hadn't received in invite or anything. Eventually he did get in touch with his cousin and was actually standing in the wedding, that's fine but he tells my FH's mom and she never told us. We asked her about him and right away she says, No, he wont be there he is standing in a wedding in Miami.....okay but how long had she known about this and did she plan to tell us?? These are just little things and I'm not losing sleep over it but it is still extremely annoying it takes less than a minute to send the email and say, Sorry, I can't attend the wedding.

But now we can put all that nonsense behind us because its our deadline and now I can focus on the seating plan.

As of Wednesday May 1st we will be 1 month from the big day and I feel so overwhelmed and so excited! Planning is pretty much done, there isn't really much else to do until we get to Ontario next month. I can't believe its almost done and our wedding is so close!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on April 29, 2019 at 09:25
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay! glad you got them all back or completed and your are coming closer to the big day!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's amazing, it sucks that some guests gave you a hard time by thinking avoiding you was the best way to "rsvp" no. But I'm glad you had a high response rate for your responses.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!

92% RSVPs collected by the deadline is amazing!! Hopefully you get the rest of your RSVPs collected by today!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its great to hear you have majority of the RSVPs come in and a few that won't attend. Good News!!!

As for the FHs friend, he should have personally called him and informed him about the wedding he had to be part of his cousin. Its sad even for a family member to not say anything and give you a heads up.

Just be glad you have all the final details to work out now before heading over and the vendors up to date for the month time. Its all working out for you now and the best to come soon.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Does it just sounds awful saying you don't want full attendance 😂 but we have our reasons and cost definitely is a big one! I am very happy with where our number is and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'm actually still waiting on a response from someone I've contacted multiple times.. clearly she isn't coming but I just want a definite answer but I don't think I'll get one.
    We are so excited for being so close to the 1 month mark, we can't believe how fast is has come! I remember being 500 days away as if it was yesterday!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s actually a pretty good turn out for RSVPs. Honestly I hate when people don’t say anything until you ask them, but good thing they ended up telling you!
    As bad as it sounds I’m looking for quite a few “not attending” once we send ours out. I would love for everyone to come, but I also want to keep the numbers lower because then our cost is lower lol.
    Congrats on being almost 1 month out! That’s so exciting !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics