Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TeamDNA
Beginner June 2019 Alberta

rsvp Dates Past Due-no Response

TeamDNA, on April 18, 2019 at 13:51 Posted in Wedding reception 0 17
So, our rsvp date has come and gone. Both of us have contacted a few guests that havent responded but FH doesnt want to contact everyone on his side (He says that they most likely arent coming as they are from Ontario and can't afford it right now). I have to admit its a lot to contact (Over 70 guests on his side havent responded and about 10 or so that he has contacted but still hasnt replied) but Im feeling unsure about just marking them as declined....What should we do? Or how many times should we bug them about replies? (I just dont want 50 guests to show and no table or dinners) Smiley atonished

17 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 29, 2019 at 21:03
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, the audacity of people! I'm glad you marked them as "no" and I hope they don't show up. People need to know that they have to either commit or not bother.

• TeamDNA
    TeamDNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yah we messaged the guests but it wasnt any help. Most of them still gave us a "im not sure" so i marked them as a no and spoke with my MOG and my parents and they said they would speak to the guests that show up anyways. Hopefully it wont happen but i guess ill have to wait and see. Smiley sad
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey, did you end up figuring out your RSVPs? I hope everything worked out and people started responding more!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We contacted everyone once after the deadline. Then to anyone who still hadn’t replied, we sent a “we’ll miss you but check out our website for pictures after” type of email.
  • Kassandra
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Kassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Once we mail ours out, We will reach out a week before the deadline to anyone who hasn't responded. If there's no response by our RSVP date, then we'll assume they are not attending and mark them "Declined". I'm not chasing people around lol I won't have time to by then 🤣🤣
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely contact them. If it's family, get your fiancés family (parents) to reach out and to explain that the deadline is coming up and they wanted to confirm attendance as your caterer needs to know the final numbers. I'm sure your guests will understand and it will also allude to the fact that if they don't respond, there won't be a seat available for them. That will help deter any gate crashers.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should definitely contact them. Maybe he can get some help from other family members to ask around. We had the same idea about some of our family as they had to come all the way from Europe, but surprisingly they are all coming. So I'd definitely make sure to know what they're doing even if it's gonna be tedious. That's a lot of people indeed Smiley sad
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely contact those who've passed your deadline, you might assume that they declined, but they could still show up.

I will put your mind at ease to talk to them and get a definite answer.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our deadline is coming up next Friday. We plan to contact everyone who hasn't sent their RSVP tomorrow, even if we feel they will not be attending, and again the day of. Definitely contact ad much as you can, it will at least put your mind at ease.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I sent out reminders the day of our deadline to anyone that hadn't responded and then two weeks later we said that if we hadn't heard from them within the following 2 weeks (one month after the initial deadline) then we would assume them to be a no and mark them as declined. Everyone responded after that.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • T
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Tianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your FH should be reaching out to the people on his side that have not responded - unless you are comfortable doing it. Also, I would let your future mother in law know and ask for help.
    Some people just need a friendly reminder - I have done this on certain occasions myself.
    For my RSVP's we gave our guests over a month before the wedding to respond, if I am missing someone by the last week of the RSVP deadline then I will call... I will give people an additional week after, but after that I will be putting them as a No.

• TeamDNA
    TeamDNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    O wow. thank you for the advice Smiley smile Congrats on your wedding coming up soon. Smiley smile
  • TeamDNA
    TeamDNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    90% are family
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea! Maybe your in-laws can call the family to find out!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is it family or friends who more haven't responded? I have kind of broken up our list between a few different people so myself and my FH are in charge or following up with a certain group and then his parents are following up with another group and my parents are following up with their own group!

Splitting it up has helped huge!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This can get so frustrating! We didn’t reach out to people. lol. I figured if you wanted to come, you would have sent your RSVP. We are getting married in a week. In the past 2 weeks we have had 4 people decide to come, although they never sent in their RSVP. That means my seating arrangements needed to be redone, and I needed to change the order with the hotel. I strongly suggest you reach out. You would be surprised how many people are willing to travel. We are getting married in Alberta and we have people coming from BC, Yellow knife and a few from Ontario. Just leave a message saying that they have until a certain date, then you’ll have to mark them as a No. good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics