Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious May 2020 Ontario

RSVP Date

Mahsa, on December 2, 2019 at 13:06 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Hi everyone,

I'm about to order my wedding invitation taking advantage of Vista Print 60% off...

My wedding is in Toronto so local however I do have lots of out of town guests coming.

Is having RSVP deadline 2months in advance too early? I have a feeling that I might have to chase people down to get their RSVPs.

I know the rule is 4-6 weeks in advance but what is everyone thought with 2 months before wedding RSVP deadline?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 6, 2019 at 11:38
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 months is totally fine!! im doing the samething cuz i know ill have to chase people and confirm numbers with a bunch of vendors!!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People usually know what they’re doing 2 months in advance, I’d say that’s reasonable
  • K
    Curious February 2022 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have RSVP deadline 3 months in advance but the invitations are going out about 10 months in advance, we are in Edmonton and all of our family is either on Vancouver Island BC or in the Toronto area of Ontario so we figured everyone would know more than 3 months before if they were able to get the time off work and afford flights anyways.

• Allison
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think 2 months is pretty reasonable!

Then if you have people who haven't RSVP'd you still have time to chase them down later! Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that this is fine - especially since some vendors want final numbers at the 1 month mark!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say 2 or 3 months before works. That way you have time to chase people, or to invite more as "no" RSVPs come in. People farther away you could send a digital save the date to so they can plan for flights and hotels.

Unless you're getting married on a long weekend or asking all of your guests travel a few months should be plenty 😉
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just in reading the other comments as well, 2 months is a little short I think, especially if you plan on having a B list. If you're going to have a B list, I'd do 3 months or longer.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you have a B-list, definitely have an earlier deadline! I'd even argue to have your RSVP 3 months ahead so you can send out a B list and they have time to reply.

• M
    Curious May 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

10 days before but I know how my people are, I'm afraid that we might have to chase them down.

• M
    Curious May 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree..I'll do 2months. Our hall wants final number 10 days before but so much needs to be done then.

• M
    Curious May 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think so too..I rather buy myself more time to chase people around than last minute.

Also not sure if at that point I might invite few list B...if I get a lot of NOS early on.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 months is good! Honestly, you'll get a wave at the beginning (2 weeks after you send invitations out) of people who know for sure they are going or not, then a wave near your deadline with people scrambling.

I wish people didn't wait until the last minute, but it does happen, or someone forgets to send in their card. I understand sometimes life happens and the one person can't respond right away but most people should know if they can attend or not.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that two months seems good. We sent our's out about 3 months in advance. We set our RSVP due date at a month before the wedding, which is in two weeks, and just under half of our guest list hasn't replied yet. I feel like it doesn't matter when you send the invites out, you will have people that you'll have to chase. Give yourself at least 2 weeks I'd say from when your numbers are due to your venue/caterer to chase people down.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When do you need to have your head count into your venue/caterer?

Whenever that is give yourself a few extra weeks from that to chase people.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics