Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Newbie September 2019 Quebec

rsvp

Elizabeth, on November 18, 2018 at 19:31 Posted in Tech support 0 7
Hi Smiley smile how do you add guest lists to the rsvp section of your wedding website using the wedding wire app on my phone.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on December 8, 2018 at 07:00
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you but I am still unclear of how to add a guest to a name
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would say you could go with two options.

One: On the top of the RSVP page, put some text saying "Please leave a comment with your guests's full name when you RSVP"... However, some people may not do it, and then every single one of your guests will assume they get a plus one, even if you aren't giving them one.

Two: For guest "John Smith", add a guest called "John Guest" or "JohnSmith Guest", then if you want that person's name, you'll have to reach out and ask for it... Or have the text above the RSVP page just read "When RSVPing for a guest, please comment with their full name"....

Or third option, which is the cleanest/most clear way, any guests who have an open plus one, where you don't know their guest's name already, get a handful of physical RSVP cards, and clarify it's them & guest, then leave a space to put the names down. (I had 70 invitations, but only ordered 10 RSVP cards, more so for older guests who would have trouble doing an electronic RSVP).

Honestly, this is why we have a "No Randoms" rule... Haha... If we don't know who you are, or haven't ever met you, you're not invited... No one is getting an open "plus one"... we got the full names of everyone's significant other before the invites went out.

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How are you suppose to know who they invite if it’s all done via the website
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They cant. Only you can add guests.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. How do your guests add their own guest
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you xox
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In your main part of your wedding app, there is a "guest list" tab. You can start adding people there. You can create multiple "events" (Wedding, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Shower, etc), and then you can add people from your main list to each event they are invited to.

This will automatically connect with the RSVP page on your website. You don't do it again. When people search their name on the RSVP page, it will ask them to RSVP to each event they are invited to, so our bridal party saw both "Wedding" and "Rehearsal" (I removed my Bridal Shower event after it was done to not confuse anyone).

Hope this helps!

If you have access to a desktop, it's much easier to start your guest list on a computer, and then manage it from the app.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics