Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Newbie December 2018 Saskatchewan

rsvp & Inviation Dates

Jodi, on November 30, 2017 at 11:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hey Ladies,

I am having a Christmas wedding (literally 4 days after the 25th- don't worry- its not for 2017 haha)- Anyway, I am wondering if I should send my RSVP's and Invites earlier than normal since it is during a holiday season?

I am no certain what proper wedding "protocol" to follow when having a holiday timed wedding.

Any advice would be awesome!

Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on December 4, 2017 at 10:23
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would send the save the dates early in the new year and then a few months later send out your invitations.

• Jodi
    Newbie December 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! Great advice!!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t do save-the-dates, and my wedding is on a long weekend, so I sent my invites out a year in advance. I wanted to give everyone as much notice as possible to make sure that the reason they couldn’t come wasn’t because they had already made plans.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also second 5-6 months prior; maybe if you send them later people will already have holiday plans and get aways, so there might be the potential of not having good friends around.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I'd say June or July would be good!! I probably wouldn't stretch it to fall. But if you were to send out summer time that would be good! Definitely make sure you start telling people about it, like tell them to expect an invitation because a lot of people go away for the summer on holiday (camping and such).
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Six months would probably be your best bet! That way its enough time for people to organize time off, holiday scheduling, and budget for wedding costs around the holidays!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics