Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cathrine
Devoted April 2018 Ontario

Ring order

Cathrine, on March 5, 2018 at 19:19 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17
After the wedding, is it wedding band then engagement ring or engagement ring with wedding band on the outside?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Ania, on August 13, 2018 at 02:26
  • A
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Ania ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The way I remember is wedding band first because its closer to your heart!
  • Johanne
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Johanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi, It's the wedding band then engagement ring.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They have them at most Peoples now. It was nice to have that safety feature, and not be constantly worried if the diamond in my ring was in fact, mine.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't even know there was such a thing! I'll be sure to find a place like that when I go to clean my ring eventually Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh goodness! That's where she needs to go to a store that has those powerful microscopes. When my rings went away, I was able to look at it and read the serial number off the diamond, then compare it when it came back. It's pretty difficult to "erase" those or change them in anyway.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She's a little extreme because she's scared they will steal her centre stone (switch it out) if she gets it cleaned.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I guess that's one way to save money on re-sizing!

I'm going the more traditional route because my wedding band is very thin and looks better first on my finger. I'd be scared to have it fall off. Until I can get them welded together, I'm making sure it stays safe.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that depending on the jewellery, engagement ring first can definitely look great! My cousins wife does this because she’s too nervous to get her engagement ring sized down, so she uses her correct fitting wedding band to hold it on lol.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Band should be first traditionally as everyone had said as it is meant to be closer to your heart.

However, you can wear it however you think it looks best really.

I will wear band then engagement ring since my finger will be bare on the wedding day, the band will be put on and then I'll flip my engagement ring back onto my finger as well. That duo is NEVER coming off.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically it’s wedding then engagement. Some ring sets have a one year band as well, which would go on the top. It can be however you’d like. My friend wore her engagement ring on her right hand because it wasn’t a set.

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Solution just get another band then you don’t have to choose haha. I think traditionally it’s band then engagement ring but who cares about traditions any more Smiley smile
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Majority of what I've seen is wedding band then engagement ring but I've seen the occasional ring set where it goes the other way
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditionally it's wedding band then engagement ring, but to heck with tradition, everyone does it the way they like it best, which is how it should be Smiley smile

I personally prefer it band first but that's just me and how I like it on my own hand. YMMV!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Typically it goes wedding band then engagement ring, however these days it's all preference. I do not like the look of engagement ring then wedding band so I'm definitely going band then ring.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd prefer engagement ring first, wedding band second- only because i like the way it looks. to each, their own.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I keep seeing it equally both ways. Guess there isn’t a right or wrong answer. I feel it should be band and then engagement.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked this as well- i believe it's supposed to be wedding band and then engagement ring.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics