Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leanna
Curious September 2019 Alberta

Ring Box

Leanna, on October 18, 2018 at 15:09 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 12

My 8 year old nephew will be our ring bearer at our wedding. I'm wondering if anyone used a large ring box instead of a pillow for their ring bearer to carry the rings? I personally don't like how the pillows look, and feel like the rings would be more secure in a box. There are some gorgeous personalized ring boxes out there, but I;m wondering if it would look odd for him to walk down the aisle with a box? Thanks!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on October 20, 2018 at 18:28
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there
    I'm using a box. I got it on etsy. You can get them personalized too if you want.
    Very reasonable pricing and any style you can imagine.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our 2 bearers will be carrying "ring security" boxes! The rings wont actually be in them tho the Best Man will have them in a small box!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had velvet rose ring case on a stem each with our bands in them and on a tray with garlands that we put on each other. There wasn't any ring bearer at our wedding as the kids were young.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No kids = no ringbearer (or flower girl, AW Smiley sad )

But I think a box is totally fine. I think the big frilly white pillow is a thing of the past. People get it, they know why a little boy is walking down the aisle in close proximity to the flower girl Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I want to do with our nephew! He'll only be 1 and a half but might get his dad in on the security detail too

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a ring box... it was borrowed from my husband's best friend (he was his best man 2 years ago) most people were probably looking at the flower girl to notice what my nephew was holding haha

Ring Box 1
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My nephew carried a box with the rings. We put the rings in a little jewelry bag to help keep them from rolling around in the box. I didn't know until we got our pictures back, but my nephew actually carried it upside down!

I found a box with a heart on top at Dollarama and I painted it white. Nothing too fancy!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My SIL did. The ring bearer was also very young. They had a wooden box and the rings actually slid out the back when he was standing up at the front. He quickly noticed and discreetly tucked them back in. So even boxes have their flaws so go with what think fits your wedding best.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought a cute little ring box on aliexpress. its a light wood. and engraved with our initials and wedding date. it cost like 11 bucks. just takes forever to come from china.

my friend had ring security with her 2 nephews at her wedding. she got them shirts that had a police badge on the front, security on the back, cop style aviators, the ear piece and a large silver briefcase. it was awesome!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won't be having a ring bearer but I think that it would be fine - last wedding I was at I didn't even notice what they used so don't over think it.

By the way - if I were to have a ring bearer I would make him ring security and then he could hold a briefcase that is "top secret" with the rings in them:

Ring SecurityRing Box 2

• M
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where can I find the nice boxes to buy? Shout it be purchased or rented?
  • Kateland
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kateland ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A ring box is what we're doing! I never liked the pillows and my future sister in law saw a box and purchased it for us because she thought it went with our theme. It's totally perfect for us, and the wedding so that's what were using! To me, i think it'll look pretty much the same as a pillow, but more secure and a little more personal depending on the type of box you choose Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics