Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missa
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Rib Injury before the wedding

Missa, on July 24, 2019 at 08:20 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Hey guys,

Sooo I fell in my stairs last week and I either cracked or badly bruised a rib. I am on pain killers for the next 10 days, my wedding is in 24 days and my dress is really tight around the ribs so i am a bit terrified.

Anyone else suffered mild injuries before their big day?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on August 1, 2019 at 02:23
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im FSIL had back surgery right before hers and she was fine. just dont push yourself

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough, hopefully at your wedding you'r healed/almost healed and can survive off the OTC meds. I'm super accident-prone - I think I need to be bubble-wrapped right before the wedding lol

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been limping a little bit, but I'm hoping that I'll be too full of joy and so many emotions on Saturday that I won't even notice it! It will be a funny story once it's all overSmiley laugh

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no!! Can you walk ? I hope you will be fine for the day of!! Take it easy!!!

Sending healing thoughts your way too!!

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no!! Rib injuries are the worst, hope you're doing okay Smiley sad

I currently have 2 broken toes that are purple, and I'm wearing open toed shoes.. In 2 days.. My MOH is a wizard though and as long as I can stand the pain, she can cover the bruising with some heavy duty makeup. Getting my pedicure this afternoon so that will be an interesting one.

Best of luck, sending you healing thoughts!!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you !!
    A bruised hand sounds awful too! I hope that it’s better after 10 days - my meds are petty strong so I wouldn’t want to take it on my wedding day! Advil will be my best friend haha
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no!! Sorry to hear about your ribs!

I bruised up my hand 2 weeks before my bridesmaid's wedding, it still hurt the day-of and was looking pretty green but I was able to hide it with makeup - definitely not the same as a rib though.

I hope you feel better after the 10 days of painkillers and if your dress hurts, you could take the regular over-the-counter stuff like Tylenol or Advil, or see if your doctor is willing to give a refill?

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh okay, you will be really close to healing at least and should be good then! Fingers crossed

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

Not yet, my doctor told me to really rest up and not stress my ribs for at least 10 days so I will get through this part, take my meds and hope for a speedy recovery. It can take up to 6 weeks to heal - I will be on week 5 at the wedding so.. hopefully it will be alright!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that, have you tried on the dress to see how it feels to get an idea? I haven't had an issue like this before or known anyone either. Did the doctor think it would heal before wedding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics