Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arexy
Devoted October 2020 Ontario

Restrictions

Arexy, on October 2, 2020 at 23:27 Posted in Ontario 0 13
Hi everyone - I tried googling this but failed. Does anyone know where I can see a list of Ontario’s public health restrictions? I’ve been gathering my information from news articles, but I’d prefer something more official. If you have a direct link, that would be great. Thanks!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Corynn, on October 20, 2020 at 22:28
  • Corynn
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Corynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    In your 50 guest list did you have to include vendors? Or were the vendors excluded?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice, can't wait to see some visuals of your day! Smiley smile

• Arexy
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! I had a traditional Armenian ceremony at the winery. It was very beautiful. And we also incorporated some Armenian music and that was very fun. How’s your planning going?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

RIGHT ON! Glad everything worked out for you. And yes, show us pictures when you get some Smiley smile Did you manage to incorporate any Armenian customs into the day?

• Arexy
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Hank! Thank you! It was an absolutely magical evening. The venue did end up contacting me back and saying they made a mistake, and it certainly does not apply to the Niagara region. So I was able to have my guest list of 50 indoors. I had 8 people per table, and a sweetheart table for my husband and i. Wow it’s so fun calling him my husband now. I am waiting for some pictures from my photographers so that I can post in this group Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Arexy, congrats on getting married! Hope it was as awesome as you had imagined. How did it go with the seating arrangements?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Coronavirus (COVID-19): restriction updates - Government ...https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/restriction-updates

I hope this helps with the information. I can see the seating would change for lower number per table.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The specific seating numbers of 6 per table don't apply to Niagara region unless Niagara Public Health has also indicated so on their own rules. I would check Niagara public health's rules.

If it doesn't state that to be the case on Niagara's own rules, talk to the venue and show them how it specifically says the rules don't apply in St Catherines and see what they say.

If they insist, and they certainly have the right to add further restrictions on top of the provincial and local health unit ones if they feel it makes them a safer environment, this is grounds for you to negotiate a different payment amount since they are changing your terms without government intervention.

If your reception is being held outside in the cold, will there be heaters that will sufficently keep guests warm during cold winds from the lake? If so, I would take it as a win. While rearranging seats can be annoying this close to the game, at least they're not forcing you to uninvite people. And being outside is safer than being inside which may ease some people's worries.

Good luck!

• Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you having 100 guests? This sucks and your wedding is next Saturday I’m so sorry! I had my wedding outdoors and it was gorgeous but I know it’s colder now. Do you think some guests might cancel last minute? Argh so many stressful thoughts for sure
  • Arexy
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These rules were only released yesterday, and it is for Toronto peel and Ottawa. I have not heard of changes.
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I believe these requirements have now been imposed for all of Ontario. The rules involving 6 people per table and 100 per establishment were just imposed on Thursday, I believe. I'm so sorry for how difficult this must be, trying to plan with things constantly changing on you.

• Arexy
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! My venue is saying due to provincial restrictions, my seating has to change to 6 guests per table (originally I had 8) and rather than being inside we have to move the reception outside because the room they have won’t be able to accommodate another tables... this is a provincial requirement for only Toronto, Peel, and Ottawa. Can they do this to me? These are not the terms we agreed to? Again, it is not a provincial requirement in Niagara.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here you go. https://covid-19.ontario.ca
    Keep in mind, your local health unit from your municipality can impose further restrictions so you should read up on that as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics