Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Rehearsal Dinner Transportation-thoughts

Jillian, on March 12, 2020 at 11:17 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Are you providing transportation for your guests attending the rehearsal dinner?

I know as hosts we are legally responsible everyone gets a safe ride home. Our rehearsal dinner is at a winery, and we are looking at transportation for the guests (30 people) however, everyone is staying in and around Niagara on the Lake and Niagara Falls therefore most limo buses etc only do 1 pickup location and 1 dropoff which would mean yes we could all meet at 1 spot to get picked up and dropped off, but then they are still responsible to get to their accommodations from there. And/or defeats paying $800+ when they still need to get a cab/uber to their hotel/air b n b.

Or should we just give each person 20-30 for a cab that night?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 16, 2020 at 10:52
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Welcome Dinner AKA Rehearsal Dinner was hosted by my parents near by the venue and everyone carpooled to the restaurant. No transportation was planned due to the distance and the venue being one place with activities to enjoy within the property. Uber or taxi in this case seems appropriate if the guests want to use their services and they pay for it given you provide the information to them. This isn't something you should be responsible on their part. They can also carpool if they have space and drive back to avoid the extra cost not needed on them.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not providing transportation to or from my rehearsal. i feel like people will just take an uber and leave when they want to leave. the problem is not everyone is going to be ready at the scheduled time or maybe not want to leave at the exact time. people will drive as well. i wouldnt worry about this

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also not providing transportation for guests attending the rehearsal dinner. We expect people will drive themselves.

Our cousins who are doing readings for us live 40 mins away and our rehearsal is a Thursday night so if they don't come - we won't be offended.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your Welcome.

• Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thanks! I will look into the uber thing!

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will not be providing transportation for guest. For a couple reasons, one we don't have the money. Also there id a free shuttle from the hotel to the venue until closing time. Out hotel is near the venue also. So in my situation it's not too necessary.

If your financially able to provide guest with transportation, you can get a uber code and have a discount. I'm not sure of the details but it's something to look into.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d price it out with the limos first. As long as your guests are staying in the falls, it won’t be an expensive outlay for them to meet somewhere. It would be really helpful if they all stayed close to each other so the limo can meet in the middle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics