Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valérie
VIP September 2019 Quebec

Rehearsal Dinner Attire

Valérie, on March 12, 2019 at 12:40 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 25
We just recently started talking to my in-laws about the rehearsal dinner. We're happy to hear that they want to host it and are happy to keep it casual (our only request!). I was caught off guard when I was asked about what I was going to wear to it. Is that a thing? Do brides typically have a separate "special" outfit?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c87dfdd376834442e

We'd like to keep it casual at the in-laws' house/backyard/pool. So I can't imagine myself showing up in this fancy outfit. So I'm a bit at a loss here.

If you are having a rehearsal dinner, what are you planning on wearing (pictures optional, but always appreciated!)?

For those who aren't having a rehearsal dinner, what do you think you'd be wearing if you did have one?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Robyn, on March 15, 2019 at 14:38
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are having it at a local restaurant (they have all their family functions there). I'm completely for re-wearing outfits! If I love it, I'm definitely gonna wear it again Smiley smile

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I got it a while ago...I think I found it online at Forever 21

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ONLY buy dresses that can be worn more than once or for more than one event... Nothing worse than owning a gorgeous dress that you can never wear again!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gorgeous! Where did you get it from??

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's such a great idea, wearing it at the reception!

I'll definitely check them out, thank you Smiley laugh

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The dress looks so comfy and flowy! Smiley smile

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Multi-purpose dresses are the best! Smiley smile

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have they decided on a location yet?

YES! I love it when you find a dress that can be worn again almost right away! I'm currently debating wearing an "old" dress to a wedding this Summer or buying a new one...but like when am I going to wear it again? hahaha.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's so nice to see that a lot of brides are going casual with their rehearsal dinner! So many options for attire!

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea! I'll see if I could pull off jeans and white tee hahaha.

• M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't bought one yet (only getting married in a couple months... feeling stressed, haha!), but I'm hoping to find a dress that I can wear to the rehearsal as well as the reception (after the first dance). A white dress, knee length, nice but not over the top. Check out Aliexpress - they are cheap, but it can take 5ish weeks to arrive

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought this dress to wear to my bridal shower (with black boots) and I am going to re-wear it at the rehearsal dinner as well. Ours will be in a pub so will be super casual.

Rehearsal Dinner Attire 1

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was planning on buying a simple white cocktail or casual (but still nice) dress or something that I could wear to my shower, bachelorette, AND the rehearsal...

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My rehearsal is also a pre-wedding party thrown by my in-laws, and unfortunately, it will have to be formal Smiley sad I am buying a dress that I also plan on wearing for a portion of my engagement photos, and which I can rewear to a cousin's wedding in July.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing a dress that doubles as a long shirt and leggings to mine. I want to be comfortable but still look nice. I'm not going out and buying a "special" outfit for it, just something I already own.

I don't have a lot of "white" things but the dress in question is white and my wedding colours (teal and purple) so got that going lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be having a rehearsal dinner that is casual as well, and I will either wear a white dress or I will wear something that says Future Mrs. or Bride on it Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also planning on keeping it super casual. I have 2 white tank tops, one says "Bride", the other says " wifey" i will most likely wear one of those with a pair of jeans.

I think you could get away with a nice sun dress.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear you - I also don't own anything white. I think I'd go with something colourful and not outside my comfort zone, so that I can wear it again in the future!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Would you wear something white or are you open to any colour? I was thinking about wearing white for these events but tbh I don't own anything white (except for my soon-to-be wedding dress lol.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's pretty nice that you can have your rehearsal dinner at the same place as your reception!

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I'll definitely have to think about it! I like the idea of wearing something new, for sure.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never thought of it that way, thank you!! Makes total sense Smiley smile

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our rehearsal dinner is going to be at the reception hall after we've finished setting it up - we're going to set up tables on the dance floor with paper plates and napkins! So it'll be super casual - no special outfits for us!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since your wedding is in September, you could pull of a sun dress if you're comfortable with that. I don't plan to have a "special" outfit, but I think I'll be wearing something new that will make me excited for the rehearsal.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our welcome dinner/rehearsal dinner will be casual and I’ll be casual but sharp. Like kind of what I’d wear for a casual birthday outing to show/express that I’m living my best life.

I’ve known brides to wear a casual white outfit to their rehearsal dinner too. So maybe jeans and a cute top/sweater?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics