Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gloria
Expert October 2022 Ontario

Rehearsal dinner

Gloria, on February 25, 2020 at 12:16 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18
Who is having a rehearsal dinner? Are you doing it the night before the weeding?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on March 17, 2020 at 11:42
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having ours at our wedding venue a couple days before the wedding (our wedding is Saturday and we are having ours on Thursday).

We have people in our wedding party coming from Ontario and the US so so it's a great way for everyone to get to talk to each other before the wedding.

• Symone
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Symone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a rehearsal dinner BBQ at my grandma and papas house! Quick, easy, simple way to get everyone acquainted
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not. Weddings are already so expensive. We just cannot afford to pay for dinner with everyone. Plus all the groomsmen know each other and all the bridesmaids know each other, so they don't really need to meet.

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone. We were thinking the Sunday before the wedding so glad to know it’s normal lol
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will have a rehearsal just dont know when yet. I have to find out times I am able to get into the venue. Have an appointment soon.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing ours two days before the wedding cuz the day before we are dropping stuff at our hall and church. a rehearsal inst mandatory a lot of people dont do it!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having a rehearsal and there will be a meal of some kind afterward but it won't be the night before the wedding and it'll be a pretty casual affair.

• T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be setting everything up the day before, and will do our rehearsal and a dinner for everyone who is there afterwards.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kind of.. we are having a BBQ at our house the day before the wedding for the people involved in the ceremony. Plus we figured it would be easier to do it that day because we have to go through everything at the church as well. Plus, some of the people that are involved in the ceremony/bridal party live out of the city.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are but it’s about a week and half before on the night of our rehearsal!
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not having a rehearsal dinner per say, but we had planned to have a couple friends over for a bbq and fireworks at the park since we get married the day after canada day Smiley smile
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't have a wedding party so we won't have a rehearsal dinner. We will meet with our officiant and our emcees in the days leading up to the wedding instead.

My fiance's family is all from away so we will probably have a family dinner the night before but not to rehearse anything.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing one the night before but will probably just get some food catered for a small backyard BBQ at the house my parents are renting. Nothing extravagant. It's maybe 10 minutes from the venue though so no one has to be up outrageously early the next day.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing the rehearsal a week before, and then just having a fun and laid back BBQ after since the rehearsal/ceremony will be in FH's parent's back yard. We just wanted something laid back, which is really the vibe we're going for for the whole wedding anyway lol.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having one on the Thursday after the rehearsal. Our party is small enough that it would be just like a dinner out
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I was thinking doing it the weekend before. Me and the girls will have to be up super early so I don’t want to do it Friday night and be up at 5am lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did - we had our venue for the whole weekend (Friday - Sunday) so we were able to have the rehearsal the night before the wedding. Otherwise if you can't get the venue the night before I personally would try to do it maybe a week before the wedding or a couple days before so that it's not a whole bunch to get done right before.

• Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we are skipping rehearsal dinner we may do just a small bbq with my family like my dad, brothers, sister and our kids. The day after the wedding we are doing a brunch with everyone who stayed over

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics