Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jocelyn
Newbie June 2021 British Columbia

Reception Location

Jocelyn, on October 2, 2019 at 16:41 Posted in Nova Scotia 0 7

We want to get married at the Fortress of Louisbourg as it is special place for us, but we are having a big wedding so the reception has to be somewhere else. We are looking to have a rustic/barn style reception and need a location. Any ideas are appreciated!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Genna, on January 2, 2020 at 14:04
  • Genna
    Curious September 2022 Nova Scotia
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well I don’t know how many guests you have or how many they hold but the travel lodge I believe has a cute little court yard area and event room located on kings road just a thought 😊 happy planning and keep me updated on your plans it may give me some ideas and vendors for my own as I’m in the same area !!
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a wedding planner who is showing me venues. The convention center is also far too large.

• Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it would been carabin farms .. did you have a decorator or are you planing on doing it yourself ? Maybe the right decorator could give you that feel and I wouldn’t recommend membertou for reception,my friend had her wedding there and there are too many restrictions on what you can and can not do !
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be Carbin Farms? If so that's outside of our price range given the additional costs for tables and such. I am open to up to 30min drive from Sydney as that is where guests will be staying.

• Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only place I know in this area with a rustic barn vibe is in Point Edward bit of a drive from louisbourg.. how far do you want to go for reception ? Sydney, Sydney river area ?
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Trade and Convention center is an option but I really want something with an outdoor element.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Jocelyn Smiley smile

The Fortress of Louisbourg looks like an amazing venue!

I checked out the WeddingWire vendor directory and found one venue approx a 30 minute drive away -  Membertou Trade and Convention Centre. Have you checked this out? It doesn't exactly fit with your theme, however, you could create this with decor.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics