Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Newbie August 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador

Reception Decoration!

Chelsea, on June 17, 2019 at 19:22 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

HELP!

Lovely brides, my fiance and I are decorating our reception ourselves. Very DIY. We plan to drape fabric and hang lights similar to the photos shown - from one side of the venue to the other and down the walls to the floor. I would love to know how others may have done this, any good/cheap websites to get the materials. I found some great looking items on Amazon but I am not sure if it would be any good. Looking for some recommendations or advice. Hesitant to make such a large order and not knowing how the quality will be.

I had tulle originally chosen, would this be good? Would I need to double it due to it being too sheer or not?

Also, what would/have you used to hang/pin the fabric and lights?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Reception 1Reception Decoration! 1Reception 2Reception Decoration! 2

4 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on July 1, 2019 at 22:56
  • Chelsea
    Newbie August 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Return policy is good, I can return within 30 days of delivery. I just don't have a lot of time to wait for delivery and then to return and have to order more, lol.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm an Amazon shopper and to not order certain things off the site.

One is fabrics and materials due to its length. Its better to go to fabricland or any fabric store to get the actual material knowing its the one you want. The whole roll could work for the space you have and need.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there Chelsea!

This looks gorgeous Smiley love

What is the return policy like with the seller on Amazon? Could you order a small quantity to start so you can see the quality, before ordering the large order?

With hanging the draping, in the second photo you shared, I can see a long wire the length of the room with the draping placed over it. Is this something you could do in set up?

• A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're also diy'ing our decor. I found this place for tulle and ribbon and ordered from them-great prices, super fast shipping and excellent quality! http://canadatulle.com/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics