Lynnie
Administrator October 2016 North Carolina

Receiving Line vs. Table Visits

Lynnie, on 7/December/2017 at 19:04 Posted in Wedding reception

How will you be greeting your guests? Will you have a receiving line, or will be doing table visits?

Receiving Line vs. Table Visits 1

Photo from Pinterest

Share:

21 Replies

• Michelle
    Devoted bride September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    View quoted message

Definitely will keep in mind

• Victoria
    Frequent user bride November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·

Table visits for sure. 175 guests is too many for a receiving line.

• V
    Beginner groom August 2017
    Vinod ·
    View quoted message
    The idea of table visits gives the couple more time with your guests rather than a line. No one can see the entry and take pictures. Give it some thought to know if the line overcomes table visits.
  • Melinda
    Devoted bride September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·

We did a receiving line. It wasn't really planned. I hadn't really thought about it, but it kind of just happened and I like being able to greet everyone after the wedding. Mind you, we only had 35 guests so didn't take too long!

• Erin
    Featured September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·

We did table visits. It was just easier for our timeline.

• Megan
    Beginner bride November 2018 Ontario
    Megan ·

We are doing table visit, every wedding I’ve been to that has had a receiving line I have not liked it. We are also taking some photos first so hopefully we can visit a little during cocktail hour.

• Jes G.
    Frequent user bride September 2018 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    I’ll probably do both. I think the quick chats with the receiving line is good just to make sure you’ve said hi to everyone and the table visits give you more of an opportunity to speak with catch up with some of your guests.
  • Bianca
    Frequent user bride August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    Table visits.

I absolutely believe in greeting your guests, however, a receiving line is just too quick for me. I feel like people spend too much time waiting around just for a quick chat. ALSO, those dates of invited guests will just be bored in a receiving line.

Just my opinion though based on personal experience waiting in receiving lines LMAO
  • Michelle
    Devoted bride September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·

I think Table Visit has more of a personal touch to it. Our wedding isn't too big about 125-130 ppl so 12-13 tables so that's not too many tables to hit. Even if we can't get to all the tables we will see everyone throughout the day, after ceremony and during reception. And maybe even the day after the wedding too as we are a wedding block in the hotel for our guests.

• Stephanie
    Expert bride July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·

Table visits. I don't like receiving lines; I never know what to say to the people I don't know. Also, we want to get started on pictures right away so we get the most out of our photographers while we have them.

• Tatiana
    Frequent user bride April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·

We are having our ceremony at the hall and will have a cocktail hour right after hoping to get to everyone then, if not during the dancing we will.

• Amanda
    Devoted bride August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    Our ceremony venue actually doesn’t allow us to have a receiving line. But that’s honestly fine by me. We are going to just be visiting at dinner. FH isn’t too excited about that, but he’s not a very social person. At least he will know everyone there. Haha
  • Crystal
    Beginner bride June 2018 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    We’ll be doing both!
    Although the table visits may be cut short since my FH and I both LOVE dancing! We’ll be on the d-floor most of the night! ☺️
  • Maegan
    Expert bride July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    Happy hour visits! We have planned our day so we will be at happy hour with all our guests for an hour or so before dinner and hope to make the rounds then, so we can sit down and enjoy our dinner. If we dont make it to see everyone then we will finish up with table visits after we eat
  • Stephanie
    Curious bride May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·

I think we will do a receiving line and then visit as many tables as we can after dinner between speeches. Just so we can make sure everyone is having a good time and get a chance to talk more than just "thanks for coming" in the receiving line.

• Andrea
    Expert bride September 2017 Ontario
    Andrea ·

We did a receiving line so we could enjoy our dinner. It was hard enough to eat between people clinking glasses and speeches...I'm glad we got it done before dinner!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles