Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Question! - destination wedding and outside vendors!

Emily, on October 11, 2019 at 12:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hi y’all! I’m thinking about getting married in Cuba next summer. I just have a question, I don’t think I want to go with the makeup artists or hair dressers there, so would I have to pay for my own hair dresser and makeup artist stay if I were to bring them with me? Or do they pay for their own way? and then I just pay for their services?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 16, 2019 at 10:04
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want someone from here youll have to pay for their travel. can you shop around in cuba at nearby salons to find someone you like?

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emily!

If you are hiring an MUA and a hairstylist that would have to travel from the US, then you would have to cover the cost of their travel as well as their regular fee. This can obviously make hiring your own glam squad very expensive.

Will you be visiting Cuba at any stage before your wedding? Would it be possible to have a trial while you are there with some local MUAs and hair stylists?

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in Punta Cana, and we didn't really consider outside vendors because the resort charges a fee of $850 USD each. That being said, I did reach out to one potential photographer and she wanted us to pay for the whole trip for herself, her husband and her child. The cost would be astronomical so we settled with using all of the resort's vendors.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most cases are vendors have to be paid for the trip and stay along with their services. Tip wouldn't have to be given since you are paying for their way down. Best to inquire with your make up/hairstylist artist about their contract basis.

If you wish that you would go with the venues hair stylist/make up recommendation otherwise and save the cost of travel expenses, reviews will help to know if that company is worth your while for best option.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emily,

I believe most vendors require the cost of travel and a fee for services as well. I'd suggest reaching out to a few vendors locally to see what they say, and possibly look into other vendors in Cuba other than those on the resort as well?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics