Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Newbie September 2020 Quebec

Quebec Farm Wedding

Chelsea, on August 4, 2020 at 09:54 Posted in Quebec 1 3
Hi all,

Hoping to get clarification. Aiming to have wedding in September. It will be outdoor on family property on a huge farm in Quebec. We are able to distance everyone that are not in each other’s bubbles. Now would this property still be considered private and only allowed 10 guests or am I still allowed more since it is a wedding. Hoping to get answers that I so desperately need. I find the guidelines aren’t that clear for weddings on big private properties. I am stressed to the max and do not feel like rescheduling my wedding for a third time. Thanks in advance. 😊

3 Comments

Latest activity by Sean, on August 10, 2020 at 00:42
  • S
    Sean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Chelsea! My Fiancée and I are in the same situation as you- we have a friend with a large outdoor area for us to have our ceremony and reception near Hatley, QC - but i was trying to figure out if the 250 rule applies or the 10. Did you call and get clarification for yourself?
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ll give them a call for sure.

And I agree I don’t think it is fair at all. We have so much space to space everyone out. I feel like there’s less risk on the farm than a public venue.
    Thank you for replying.
  • Gabby
    Newbie June 2021 Quebec
    Gabby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there,
    I called the government to get clarity on this rule also. I was told if it is a private property, then the 10 people maximum rule applies. I would recommend giving them a call. It’s that COVID hotline number. We ended up postponing our September wedding to next year. It just seems so complicated and very frustrating. I can’t believe a public space can welcome 250 people, however we can’t have more than 10 on a vast outdoor property. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics