Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cathrine
Devoted April 2018 Ontario

Putting the dress back on?

Cathrine, on April 25, 2018 at 16:22 Posted in Just married 0 22

How many times, if any, did you put the dress back on after your wedding, before you packed it up?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Lor, on May 15, 2018 at 08:35
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want to wear my dress everywhere! Grocery store, work, Walmart, bed, cleaning....

BUT OBVIOUSLY I CANT. lol i love this dress so much its silly that i can only wear it for one day.

After i get married im going to be selling the dress and give another bride the dress for her wonderful day.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have friends that I wasn't able to invite to the wedding that want to do an after the wedding shower - like, a month or two after the wedding so they can see the pictures. They are trying to convince me I should wear my dress to the shower!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't put my dress back on, but I also can't part with it!! We just went down to my husband's hometown to help his dad move from his old house to his new one - and my wedding dress made the move from one house to the other as well! Smiley laugh I don't have enough room for it in my apartment, but I definitely mooned over the dress again! Smiley heart

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahaha yes. I love this
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely not weird Smiley shame

giphy.gif

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Because of the fact that the dress bag they put my dress in is see through I had to wrap it in garbage bags! And it's in our spare room closet but that is the closet my FH uses for his work uniform and gear so it's pushed to the back hidden behind a bunch of his suits lol luckily he is dead set on waiting to the wedding to see it.. I have nowhere else to hide it unfortunately because all family and friends live in Ontario..
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going to need to hide mine at my dad's place. For one, I can't be trusted not to wear it daily... haha. But also my FH and I share a closet, and there's no where to hide it at our place.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahah let's get this group started! My dress is currently in my closet and I've been tempted on occasion to put it on, but it is currently too big and needs alterations so that's what stops me from wearing it lol
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes!! I'm thinking I'm going to need to start a support group, brides in withdrawal, mandatory dress code of wedding gown. Haha!

I'm with Peggy, although I don't know how well I'd be able to do housework in it...

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL! Oh I so would too haha!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not married yet but I had to store my dress at my bridesmaids house because otherwise I would be wearing it around the house while vacuuming!

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not married yet, but I do have fantasies of sitting around at home wearing it and drinking wine. Maybe I'll keep it and show my daughters and they can play dress up.

I've also considered donating it to the Canadian Cancer Society - that's actually where I found it - but I do love it.

I think they 1 year anniversary is a cool idea. Maybe have a date night and wear it again.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't worn my dress again, but I sent it away with my parents since I had to get on a plane to get back home and didn't want to drag my dress on with me. I don't want it preserved yet (just dry cleaned) as I think I'll put it on again sometime in the future for fun!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can we do this together?!? Lol because I think I'm going to be the exact same way
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting my dressed cleaned and preserved in a box. So I won’t be taking it out again unless I’m passing it on to a daughter or something. So I’m just wondering, if it will be my last chance to put it on before I ship it out for preservation, should I maybe take it out for one last spin. ;-)
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not wear my dress again after my wedding....so far. We tossed around the idea of putting our wedding attire back on for our 1 year anniversary and taking some photos. We'll see!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of doing an intimate studio shoot in wedding attire after the wedding!

Also my dress has a large flowy bottom (mermaid) I really want to bring it with us on our honeymoon and get one of those "walking into the ocean shots" ... not too far in though I've read horror stories...

And when my friends all get married too maybe we will have wedding dress dress-up parties ahaahha!

I hope to wear my dress a few times! Maybe a date night with the new husband too! I also like the idea of transforming it into a baptism outfit for children!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not married yet. Was thinking of doing an intimate wedding shoot with my partner sometime afterwards in a studio. Don't want him to see the wedding attire beforehand and around the wedding is too stressful. Maybe for our anniversary
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think I’ll probably ever wear it again! I’m not planning on selling it though.
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also not married but I've already looked into how to sell mine! Lol I probably won't put it on at all. When I pick it up before the wedding on the other hand, I will probably put it on 10 times lol
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not married yet either... but I feel like I'm going to be one of those weirdos who sits and drinks white wine while watching wedding shows in my dress every other week Smiley laugh

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not married yet, but I’m not sure that I will put my dress back on! It’s a corset back so not sure that my fiancé will be able to figure it out! Haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics