Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Pups in our wedding

Jennifer, on August 1, 2017 at 17:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

Hi everyone!

Is anyone else planning on having their pups involved in their wedding? Smiley love
We are having an outdoors wedding in Golden BC & plan to have our furbabies by our side! Kita will be our flower girl & Loki will be our ring bearer.

The PupsThe Pups

24 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on August 9, 2017 at 12:44
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so adorable! We talked about our dog being a part of our day but he's just way too hyper to be around that many people.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to be able to take pictures with my horse on my wedding day it just depends on how the day goes and how clean he stays.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He's looking dapper! Love the bow tie!

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HeidiHeidi

So cute!!! Our dog, Heidi, will be at our wedding too for at least part of it. Our wedding is mostly outside so it works out well for animals. We wish we could have our cats too, but it will be too stressful for them so they will have to stay at home.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're taking a road trip from Toronto to the east coast with stops in Quebec City (for the history), New Brunswick, and Halifax. We want to drive the Cabot Trail which I think will be awesome in the fall. Our honeymoon will go from Sept.25 to Oct. 9. We decided to stay in Canada since it's the 150th anniversary and my fiancé has never been to the east coast. Where would you like to go?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well, technically not their OWN cabin but between us and our parents they will have lots of cabins to sleep in haha!

Our wedding is still a long ways away.... September 1 2018. We haven't even put much thought into our honeymoon yet, don't even know if it will be right after the wedding or a few months later. We will definitely be going without them though. My parents always watch the pups when we are busy/go away, they have a great time!

Where are you going for your honeymoon?!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is awesome!!

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness! Their own cabin! That is so cute. I'm going to miss my guys when we go away for 2 weeks. Are you going on a honeymoon? With or without your fur babies?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's tough when venues aren't as dog friendly, golf courses usually aren't the most. Our venue is very dog friendly & we have the whole lodge & cabins (basically the whole property) rented for the long weekend. The dogs will have cabins to sleep in a hop skip and a jump away from all the action.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! the venue actually has a pinterest board dedicated to pets at their weddings, and pet-friendly rooms. it was a big selling factor!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's too bad, hopefully he can be in some photos!
    I've heard of the truffle pig! Love To go there one day
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He is so sweet! He will totally be a great addition to wedding photos =)
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is sweet =) it's so nice having family & friends love our dogs! It's nice he will get to be there on your special day!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    & yes! Loki will have a bow tie or something to match the groomsmen, and kita will have a flower crown/collar matching the bridesmaids flowers
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
    We are defintely going to have someone watching & "in charge" of them, already had some friends offer.
    Because we are getting married on a long weekend, we have rented out the whole lodge area &a cabins for the long weekend. THe pups will be sleeping in cabins =)
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such cute dogs!!! Smiley heart

Our dog is not well behaved enough at all so we left him at home Smiley tongue I'd recommend designating someone to be "in charge" of your pups during the ceremony and make sure they have a ride home!

Are you thinking about cute bow ties or flower wreaths for them to wear?

6 Ways To Include Your Pet In Your Wedding

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG I'm so jealous! I am hoping to have our little man walk down the aisle with the best man (who he loves more than anyone) but he is not well enough behaved to do the walk on his own. He and my parents dogs will be part of our wedding photos for sure.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer! That is so cute!! Dog edition: Who wore it best - Wedding guest: My dog - The dog days of weddings I'm sure you will love this discussions. xx

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love that you are incorporating your beautiful dogs in your ceremony! We have a new puppy, Harvey! He will be a year and a half by the time our wedding day arrives. We live a 2 minute drive from the venue so we plan on getting some pictures with him Smiley smile I don't think he will be apart of the wedding though.

Pups in our wedding - 1
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What gorgeous dogs! We definitely thought about having my fiancé's dog as ring bearer but the logistics weren't working out.
    P.s. I love the truffle pig in Golden. I hope it's still there!
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 2 Dachshunds (weiner dogs) and I did think about dressing them up for the ceremony. I just think they would get freaked out with all the people and start jumping up on my dress. Also, what do I do with them after the ceremony? The entire wedding is at a golf course.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a beautiful family! You're so lucky to have puppers to include on your special day! It would be my absolute dream to have a dog be part of my wedding but we don't have a puppy yet, still have to wait a year Smiley sad I think it's a cute idea though!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You have beautiful dogs! I think it's sweet they'll be involved 🙂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics