Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Super August 2017 Alberta

Proposal to friend

Bethany, on June 28, 2017 at 14:12 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
I posted months and months ago about how I fired my maid of honour cuz she wasn't interested enough. I hadn't asked anyone else to be my maid of honour cuz I was hurt and I decided I just wouldn't have one.. or at least rush the decision. I now realize that my wedding party needs leadership even tho they all help me out equally and are there for me. I know who I want to ask, but I want to put a little more effort into asking her than just asking her. What do your creative minds think?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Diandra, on June 30, 2017 at 17:30
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's an adorable way to ask. I love it! And i'm glad you found a MOH Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is adorable!
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you daphne Smiley smile
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, that is such a great way of asking!

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You went all out I like that!!! I would have loved a box like that lol. I ended up coming to her apartment and decorating mugs with her and on one I asked if she'd be my maid of honour (see below). I also got her a card explaining why I want her.
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    SO IT DIDNT TURN OUT LIKE I EXPECTED. Messed it up so many times lol but I came to her house and we decorated mugs together and that's what I did. She checked off "yes" Smiley smile thanks for asking!

Proposal to friend 1

Proposal to friend - 1

Proposal to friend - 2
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent a "Will you be my Maid of Honor?" e-card from paperlesspost.com. It was super cute, but i also gave my girl a little gift box with knot earrings (for the wedding) and they said " I couldn't tie the know without you" ,nail polish,face mask and eye shadow palette.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any luck?! I'm dying to hear!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey girl. I ended up asking another friend after all of that crap went down with his sister. I had wanted to ask her from the start but was unsure of how she would respond because she was in my first wedding party and we kind of grew apart. We have still kept in touch all of these years but weren't as close as we had been.

Because she lives over an hour way from me and we rarely see each other because of our schedules I just kept it simple and asked her via a message. I found a cute little picture online, explained to her that I couldn't do this without her and that I needed my sister/best friend since grade 6 to be there with me even though we sort of lost our way over the last couple of years. She was honoured that I asked her and didn't care that I asked her online.

Theres no need to make it complicated Smiley smile Good luck! Let me know what she says Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics