Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sasha
Super October 2017 Ontario

Processional dilemma

Sasha, on August 22, 2017 at 09:40 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 14
I've been thinking about what I should do for the processional and wanted some ideas or opinions on it if you can.
Our wedding party consists of 2 best men and for my side I have one maid of honour and one "man of honour". I don't know what to do in regards to them walking down the aisle as typical bridal parties are guys on the groom's side and girls on the brides side. Should the best men not walk down the aisle and just go down at the same time as the groom and I would just have my MOHs walk down either together or single file? Or should they all walk down single file?
I know usually they link arms but I don't want to make my guy friends link arms walking down the aisle haha.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on August 28, 2017 at 23:54
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2017 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For mine we had the guys walk single file in front of the groom than he walked down with his parents. When we walked out the bridesmaids and groomsmen simply walked side by side. There's definitely no need to link arms, remember it's YOUR wedding, do whatever you please.

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a great idea! Walking his mother down the aisle is really sweet Smiley smile
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ask the wedding party what they think!

My FH doesn't like crowds or being the centre of attention, so he has opted to have his men walk with him into the ceremony, down the aisle, so that they are with him the whole time that he's waiting for me. He will walk his mom down with the men following in behind them.

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's interesting acrually. I will bring this option up to the party as well. Thank You!!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have mom's or grandma's involved in the ceremony, maybe the guys could walk the mom's up and then the MOH and best man could walk together?

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Sonja, yes I definitely like that idea it could totally work thanks! Smiley smile
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What if your 2 best men were at the front with your fiancé, and you MOH and man of honour linked arms and walked ahead of you? Would that work?

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone has such wonderful ideas. Definitely ask your wedding party what they feel comfortable with doing and go from there.

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds perfect thank you!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to do this at first. But at rehearsal we decided all the men will be waiting with the groom, then my bridesmaids walked single file down the aisle before me, with my maid of honour being last, then my flower girl, then me
  • Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much for the input everyone! I really am overthinking it lol I'll definitely bring it up to the wedding party and see what they think Smiley smile
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do whatever! Don't overthink it Smiley smile

You could have the 2 best men enter single file behind the groom and wait up front while your maid and man of honor process down the aisle together or individually.

Or you could have all 4 of them process down the aisle. They could walk in pairs without linking arms, or they could all walk individually!

I think I'd have the 2 best men enter with the groom, and have the man and maid of honor process in together. Then for the recessional of the the best men walks out the maid of honor, and the man of honor and other best man walk out together as a pair (without linking arms).

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think Erin is spot on, talk to the "man of honor" and see what he would be most comfortable with, if you are all a silly fun group of people, they could link arms and be funny about it, or just beside each other is fine too I think!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they could just walk in pairs without linking arms or go single file. That would be easiest in my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics