Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Frequent user July 2022 New Brunswick

Popcorn Bar

Brittany, on May 5, 2020 at 21:26 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16

Hey guys!
My fiancé and I have decided to have a popcorn bar at our wedding. I never go crazy when I make popcorn for myself, but I know you can add all kinds of spices, Candy/chocolates, etc, so we were hoping everyone could give a few of their favourite types or ones you know of so we can be sure to have something for everyone.Thanks in advance!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on May 8, 2020 at 22:37
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was worried about not being able to make it any in advance so this is a big help. I didn’t think of that. Thanks!
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Caramel corn is my absolute favourite and so easy to make. Plus, since the popcorn is coated in sugar, it stays “fresh” longer so can be made in advanced.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have to check it out.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Proportioned popcorn is a great idea to have ready for guests to enjoy many varieties. Inquiring Kernel company offers many flavours packaged from sweet to spicy. Something to think about if you do like their popcorn.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you using a popcorn machine or pre-popped bagged popcorn? One thing to keep in mind with a popcorn machine is that it uses a lot of power, more than your typical voltage. You'll have to check with your venue to make sure you don't blow a circuit. Some venues also charge for additional power beyond the standard 12-15amps.

We used bagged for a street festival and went through about six garbage size bags for around 100 people. We individually portioned cups of popcorn with the flavourings per person though. One thing to keep in mind with bagged popcorn vs fresh is that you need some kind of oil spray to coat the popcorn before adding flavours or else, all the powder just falls to the bottom.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea! How much popcorn did you have? When I look online I’m finding different amounts per guest. Thanks.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay thanks. I’ll definitely keep this all in mind!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a popcorn cart at our wedding. I loved it!!!

My favourite seasonings for popcorn are dill pickle, white cheddar and salt and vinegar. I’d suggest picking the flavours with lighter coloured powders. Though ketchup flavour is yummy the red powder may end up smudges on dresses
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRheqVNe9Yt0XYgqQH3VI would say they had about 3 or 4 of these size bags worth ^ but keep in mind for the Chicago mix style popcorn they bought from Costco. (Guest count was around 200)

They also ran out before everybody could get some... But that could have been for a number of reasons:

1. It was a late night snack/ favour combo

2. Drunk people and late night food does okay - but late night food that is snacking food goes fast

3. Their man food wasn't good at all... like.. at. all. So lots of people didn't eat all of their food on their plates...

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we definitely want to make enough for everyone. Do you know roughly how much they made per guest?
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never thought about wet wipes! Thank you
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are all great suggestions. Thanks
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Cousin-inlaw had a popcorn bar at her wedding and it was a hit! Only problem they ran into was that they ran out really fast!!!! (so some people didn't get any...)

I can't remember all the types... but I think there was; dill, kettle corn (big hit), Chicago mix, and maybe one or two others. I am personally on team let me season it myself! lol I would have gotten regular popcorn and then also kettle corn and just had the shakers for the regular popcorn.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love dill pickle myself.

You could have a few shakers of seasonings and toppings like M&Ms. This way you only need to make one kind of popcorn and people make it their own, vs running out of the most popular favor.
    I would also have wet wipes on hand so that people in their wedding clothes can clean any butter or salt off their fingers!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In addition to regular popcorn flavours, you can funk it up by using whatever spice mixture. For parties, I've done lemon pepper popcorn, jerk seasoning popcorn, chili powder popcorn, and curry popcorn.

If you're popping fresh popcorn but want sweet options without the goopy sticky mess from drizzled, you can add mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, sprinkles, cinnamon sugar, and butterscotch chips.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a great idea! Personally I’m all about white cheddar seasoning. And barbecue and dill. Really any of the movie theatre flavours from back in the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics