Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Planning Websites

Jillian, on December 10, 2018 at 10:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Has anyone used a different site for your wedding website and then used WW for everything else?

Our issue is, we are doing traditional RSVP by mail.

I like the features of WW for planning/budget/guest list, but I prefer another website for our Wedding website. And since our guests will mail back their RSVP's I have created my own excel spreadsheet.

Has anyone been in a similar situation, and do you have pro's and con's?

I think we will still import our guests information onto the WW guest list just to crosscheck our work with our own excel sheet.

Thoughts?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on December 12, 2018 at 16:34
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only used WeddingWire for my wedding website, and for the majority of my electronic planning (budget, guest list, seating chart)... but I also have physical list, a planning binder, a day planner for the year, computer spreadsheets, tables, etc... I didn't want to start utilizing too many different online tools, as I thought I'd lose some information in the transition... Just one platform for me works best!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use Wedding Wire for most things and AppyCouple for our site.

WW is base camp for to do lists and vendor resources.

A Practical Wedding and Bridechilla are great resources as well.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did online RSVPs through appycouple and we loved it. it was a beautiful website, very easy to put all the information up, it worked well.

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use all the features Wedding Wire has to offer except for the website. I built our wedding website at withjoy.com and I love it. I keep my budget in an excel doc that also matches the one I have with Wedding Wire. On our wedding website I only input information for all of our guests, and you can import your guest list as well if it has been formatted correctly. It's super user-friendly and beautifully designed.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m using sayi.do for mine because I just really love the features and you can pay for more if you want to upgrade which is awesome!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally use different tools for different parts of my wedding planning! I've got my stuff on Wedding Wire going on for my checklist, a wedding planning binder (The Knot) for budget and whatnot (I like having a physical binder for everything), and Excel spreadsheets for literally everything else. I have all my addresses compiled, phone numbers, etc. on Excel and I love it.

You just have to do what feels right and manageable for you.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use WeddingWire for most things, including my website, but I do more of my budgeting/guest tracking on my own in excel. I do use guest list/budget features on WW but I feel like I have more control when it's me and the spreadsheet.

I also have a wedding planning book where I write in all my vendors and their contact info.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The website offers customizable RSVP forms, whether you are hosting multiple events under the wedding umbrella or just one. You have the ability to personalize the messages if your guests can or can't come. You can send reminders or give the option of saving the date to the calendar of your guests, in an email confirmation.

A lot of the options on the form are extra, but it's just $30 for the year to unlock them, which is more than enough time to get things done.

For example, I'll be able to add multiple choices for the menu, as well as know whether they plan on using our transportation (renting a bus). My guests will also be linked together by couple or family, which will make it easier for them to RSVP.

Finally, I'll have the option of either embedding the form onto my wedding website OR simply have a link to it directly.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use WW for most of my stuff! But I also have a Master Excel sheet that I live off of for everything! I find budgeting on here a bit tricky so the excel keeps track of all that!

We are using WW for the website for people to RSVP! And then RSVPs we get back via mail we will update on there ourselves!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use WW for the community. I used Minted for our wedding website. I just preferred the look of them, and the extensive options to personalize.

• Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great thanks! Helps ease the anxiety of having too many sites/planners but then I agree, the more options I think the better Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How does RSVPify work? I've never heard of it.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jillian,

I am definitely one of those brides who has different sites and apps for different aspects of planning!

I use both WW and The Knot for my to-do lists, as I find they sometimes have different timelines and I like seeing what my options are.

I've also created my own wedding website using Wix.com (totally free) and will be using RSVPify.com for their online RSVP form. Oh and finally, I'm using canva.com to create my own invitations!

Honestly, I found more cons in trying to make everything fit under one website, since none of them had everything I wanted. The whole "one size fits all" template drives me up the wall. I feel like I have everything covered with my multiple tools, which I think is the most important part : As long as you feel like you're staying on top of it, then it's worth it!

Happy planning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics