Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marsha
Devoted July 2022 Ontario

Plan b

Marsha, on October 21, 2020 at 11:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 60

How many of you ladies are still willing to go through with their date next year if the Pandemic restrictions for receptions are still on ie: No dancing, No getting up to go to the bar, no mingling with other guest but with the ones at your tables....

If not, what is your plan B, If so, how are you coping with the no dancing at reception. I am a dancer and so is my husband so am having a difficult time with this.

Thanks

60 Comments

Latest activity by Marsha, on January 14, 2021 at 13:25
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too - have on interest

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So this will me our first time postponing from Aug 1 2021 to July 31st 2022. But now my fiance is asking if we should have the ceremony same day this year that we booked and do the reception and redo the ceremony in 2022. I am so on the fence. What's your thoughts?

• Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

100000% agree and exactly where I stand! Kinda over all of the materialism of everything and just want to be married already and move forward with our lives and save our money. Not trying to sound like a Debbie Downer but ever since our postponement for our would have been summer wedding, I got completely discouraged and kinda lost the magic. Hopefully I'll get back in the groove in the new year

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Def on the same boat as you girl! We had to postpone our August wedding this year and it is now next summer on July 2021. No way in hell we are postponing again! We are even thinking of just scrapping everything and just having a super intimate ceremony with our officiant, parents, nieces, siblings, and bridal party and maybe do a nice dinner with everyone. We just want to start our family already and move forward, and save our money

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What do you feel about this vaccine? I'm so against it

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ughhhhhhhhh I'm so annoyed at this no dancing thing too! We even have a vendor we hired to customize our dancefloor with our initials

• Jessica
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im getting married August 28th 2021, no matter what. We planned a very small wedding with a max of 15 people outside and we arnt having a reception after just a small bbq with immediate family. This is what we were going to do covid or no covid. If covid restrictions become even tighter than i have an officiant and witnesses and we will make due. I know times are hard and a lot of people want to have a big celebration but if need be have a small intimate ceremony and then have your big reception at a later date when its safe to do so
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you are thinking to postpone too 2022 maybe the safest.. but all in all go with your gut feeling
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am late with replying bc I took a break on all this it was consuming me. Right now we are more going towards 2022 Aug. We have to hope we can change it to that date. We have to figure this out I think by Feb March. It sucks to postpone it makes me kinda sad. But its probably the safest if we want to dance
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I am pretty much am optimist but right now being realistic ai think it is so possible the large events restroctions may still be put in place once the lift closures. We are 75% thinking 2022 is best.
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am praying that because of this vaccine. It will allow us 2021 brides to go forward with our weddings
  • Natalie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Lina! Thanks for your reply! Our wedding is scheduled for June 5th, 2021. We have a hold for October 23rd, 2021. I can't help but laugh now at how many times we've gone over all the different possibilities of what can happen. Now that a potential vaccine can arrive early next year...well, it gives us some hope for the future. We don't want to postpone a second time. I hope early next year, restrictions lift and people can get married with their families present (dancing and all). I guess we'll just wait and see. All the best!

• A
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Anytime all the best Lina!
  • L
    Newbie June 2022 Quebec
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Ashley,

Thanks for sharing your situation. I can only imagine how stressful it has been to have to postpone once and have to consider postponing a second time Smiley sad my fiancé and I saw on the news today that a vaccine may be released by Q1 of 2021 although distribution will be limited in the beginning. It does give us a little more hope that there may be less restrictions by September though. We still haven’t made up our minds on whether we will still try to plan for September 2021 or just plan our wedding for 2022 but your feedback as well as others on this forum are very helpful. Thank you very much and hope the best for you!
  • L
    Newbie June 2022 Quebec
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Natalie,

Thanks for chiming in! I agree that 2022 would be safer if we want to have a big celebration. We were really excited about having our wedding in 2021 and started planning right after our engagement. But a month later, our city (Montreal) went into the red zone and we started having doubts lately. We saw on the news today that a vaccine may be ready for early 2021 in Canada so it gives us a bit of hope that things will get better by September. There’s definitely still a lot of uncertainty though. When in 2021 is your wedding planned for?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/pm-says-canada-preparing-for-effective-vaccine-in-2021-1.5180829

Pfizer announced on Monday that its vaccine may be 90 per cent effective at preventing COVID-19.The announcement doesn’t mean a vaccine is ready to go but does provide hope that one could be ready by early next year.
  • A
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey!

My original date was August 29th 202 we ended up postponing to May 15th, 2021. At this point I’m choosing to be realistic rather than optimistic because I can’t bear anymore disappointment. If I could go back I would’ve rescheduled to 2022. I do think mask wearing, wedding guest restrictions and things like dancing will be impacted for most if not all of next year. We already live together and we were really looking forward to the big party aspect. We really want to start a family though which complicates things further. I think we may look into postponing to 2022 and start a family on the meantime. All the best to you but that is just what we’re doing.
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Chances of having a 2022 wedding without certain restrictions are higher than having one in 2021. Choosing a date will depend on your own personal needs and wants. Can you wait until 2022? Honestly, as a bride who was supposed to get married in 2020, and postponed to 2021, and might postpone *again*, it's been stressful... I wouldn't want anyone to go through this uncertainty when it comes to planning.
  • L
    Newbie June 2022 Quebec
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Marsha,

Thanks for starting this discussion! My fiancé and I are in the same boat going through the same concerns. We got engaged in early September this year and started planning our wedding for September 25, 2021. We found the venue, photographer and DJ we want for that date but haven’t paid out any deposits to lock the date yet. We need to confirm with these vendors ASAP if we are going to proceed with this date but we are starting to wonder if we will be able to have a normal wedding by then. We can’t imagine our wedding day with no dancing and mingling with our guests. We created our guest list with our parents not considering covid and we are at ~300 guests (both of us have big families). At this point, it would be really hard to reduce our list to 25-50 guests.
    If you ladies were in my shoes, would you just scrap out September 25, 2021 and plan for a 2022 wedding instead? Or would you try to plan for September 25, 2021 and postpone to 2022 if covid regulations are still very strict by mid-2021? I know that my fiancé and I will need to make our own decision but any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it stays this way, I definitely will be postponing

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The 25 outside number you are getting is for private gatherings or parties. So like a backyard BBQ or family gathering. It is 100 outside at a venue permitted to be open in stage 3 of Ontario’s reopening. If that makes sense.
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I see you have Clinton listed as location. This is from that health district. See under “Events taking place in a business or space permitted to be open under Stage 3“ https://www.hpph.ca/en/health-matters/resources/Documents/Coronavirus/Guidance-for-Special-Events-Oct-2020.pdf
    Plan b 1

• Brooklyn
    Curious February 2021 Ontario
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay. I will double check.

I was under the impression that the Ontario Government over rules the health units... but I could be wrong. I was told that changed in the last month, so I will defiantly be reading up on that and verifying.

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve read articles in the media in the past. My venue also confirmed when I checked in earlier this summer. I believe the local health unit does have the final say on decisions like that, I could be wrong. Best to check with your venue.
  • Brooklyn
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, do everyone is saying that their venues can have 100 people outdoors.. Where are people finding this?

I was told by our health unit, and I'm not in a hot spot, (there are no cases in our unit) that across Ontario you can only have 25 people outside... and you can only have more if you have the wedding in a banquet hall or church.

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going ahead without date in July 2021 in Ontario. Currently our venue allows for 50 inside or 100 outside and only special dances. I can live with the number restriction at this point. It’d be nice to be able to dance but just have to wait and see. I haven’t given it too much thought but our venue has an option for a fire, we can likely bring yard games to play, maybe the who’s most likely to game with the bride and grooms shoes (not the right name but you all know what I’m talking about!). Other ways to be social. I’m hopeful that restrictions will be a little bit looser by then but too early to tell.
  • Vika
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Vika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My original wedding date was August 21 of last year. Had to postpone to this coming May, 2021. We've been engaged since November 2018, so we are not going to wait any longer to start our lives together. At the end of the day, it's upsetting to postpone once, twice, so on. We don't know how long this pandemic will be going on, so if you can find a Plan A, B, or even C that makes you and your partner feel like you are still getting the special day you've been dreaming of, even if it isn't the way you initially imagined, then go for it Smiley smile

• Brooklyn
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've decided not to wait.. Make it as enjoyable as possible and be glad you can get married. I know some people who cant even get a marriage license

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venues are becoming more restrictive to a simpler reception cutting out a lot of the timing for first dance, cake cutting and food. Its just the times to coop with all the limitations given and cut the time down than the hours having to celebrate.

Changing plans will have to happen knowing vendors and guests can't be as close seated or dancing. Lets hope this changes to the normal as things get better over time.

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I agree to postpone once is understandable to postpone a second time is hard. It is hard to plan with excitement. But in the end it is about the partner.
  • Christina
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be going ahead with our wedding on July 11th as we have already postponed and don’t want to keep pushing it back. We will have to see what the restrictions are closer to the date when sending final invites. The guest list has been tiered and will include a note that numbers may be subject to restrictions based on government mandate. It’s been hard looking forward to a dream wedding and planning around so much uncertainty. In the end it’s about the partner, not the party and we have decided to press on ❤️
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hoping and praying things are better in June so you can go ahead and not have to postpone again. And when I say better mean better then phase 3 🤗. Receptions are meant to socialize and dance
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our original wedding date was in September, then we postponed to next June. We have a hold for October for next year in case restrictions are still in place for June. At this point, we are debating whether to go ahead and have a small ceremony and reception no matter what in June. I guess we will make that decision closer to the date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics