Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Andrea
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Pictures with guests?

Andrea, on July 17, 2018 at 09:49 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

I'm a bit confused and unsure what to do about taking pictures with guests and extended family/relatives. During the cocktail hour I am going to be doing an outfit change and won't be able to take pictures during that hour...
I was thinking of having a media wall or photo wall....but they are an extra expense...and I'm not too sure where I could place it in my venue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on July 27, 2018 at 19:53
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having a DIY photo booth for people to take photos at if they so choose. At my cousins wedding I just went up to her and said can I have a picture with the lovely bride. She wouldn't of refused me anyways.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't even think about that yet! I think I will just let it flow how it goes, and take pictures where ever with with whoever wants photos during the reception after all the formalities are done. Our venue has a nice entrance so maybe I will take guest photos there as well.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will probably doing a picture with each table, it will probably be the easiest but I may ask our photographer if he has any other suggestions.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we're going to go around to each table during the dinner to thank people for coming - and we'll get pictures with them then!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you plan on doing a receiving line? Or visit each table during the dinner?

If your doing a receiving line you could offer to take pictures with guests who want one then. If your visiting tables during the dinner then you could do them at that time as well. Either way I think your best option would be when your taking the time to already say hi and thanks to each of your guests during the reception.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right after the ceremony. we are doing family photos (close family friends included). Our officiant will announce to go to the outdoor garden. I am having a list of who I want in each photo and having my friend "herd the cattle" so that way it is quick and efficient. I did that for her at her wedding. and it was quick.

my photog is also going to do a lot of candid photos at the wedding. so if a guest wants to get the photographer and me and get a photo. go for it Smiley smile

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you need a full hour for an outfit change?

I think it would be nice if you are able to fit it in to socialize a bit during the cocktail hour and ask your photographer to take photos of you with the guests during that time.

If that isn't an option, then I'd put together a checklist of the specific people you would like photos with and make sure that you and the photographer get to them early in the reception or after the ceremony. If your photographer is not sticking around during the reception, do you have any friends/family that are amateur photogs that wouldn't mind taking 45 minutes or so to capture some photos during the reception?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going talk to my photographer about this... see what she's done/seen that works/doesn't work. We are doing our proper/posed family photos, bridal party photos, and first look photos all before the ceremony... then going directly from ceremony to reception. I think we'll just have our photographer kind of watch us as we greet guests and have her take some photos with guests table by table after dinner.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to do one big group photo right after the ceremony before the wedding party exits. Then immediate family right after that. In the evening we plan to get more with extended family, someone is just gonna to get ppl organized and then come get my fiancé and I for pictures so we don’t have to organize it or be pulled away from our dance for too long. We do have a photo booth planned as well. We just rented one from a decorator - it’s really just a backdrop for ppl to take pictures with.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did groups of people right after the ceremony. We had about 6 groups, I think and it took about 20mins to get the group pictures, then we took off with our wedding party.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you accounted some time after the ceremony?

Just a list I created was to gather people in groups to make it easier and family as one huge picture. Get a family member to help round them up. They will be memories to look at years down the road.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always take pictures with guests who would like one while supper is going on? I've heard a lot of brides plan on going around and socializing during the meal - not sure when they will eat but if that was me then I wouldn't mind having somebody in the wedding party make me a plate (buffet).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics