Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Super June 2019 Ontario

Picking attire for your same sex wedding

Amanda, on July 21, 2019 at 12:26 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3

Guys! This article is great, I had to share it with you.

This was a small bit of an issue for us so anyone else having the same conversations should check this out.

Why would picking your attire be different for a same sex wedding than a heterosexual wedding? I don't know OK?!?! I'm kidding... I'm sure this issue comes up for everyone and so many people do first looks and other things and the outfit isn't always a surprise anymore, but depending on your vision, a lot of people really don't know how to plan.

Some brides/grooms choose to match which is amazing.

For me, I wore a dress and my wife wore a light grey suit. Truth be told, she saw my dress but had no idea it was THE dress. I was with her when she bought her suit because she really wanted my help; I told her I would help, but after that I didn't want to see it on her until the day. I didn't see the shirt she got so the whole outfit put together was still a surprise to me.

I got asked so many times if we were both wearing dresses but that's just not her, but I know some brides struggle when they are both doing the big white dress because you want them to accent each other in some way. Same with grooms and their suits - if they don't choose to match what if they pick 2 outfits that look awful next to each other? Personally, I say who cares.. throw caution to the wind and everyone do what they want BUT if you are planning a same sex wedding and want some attire planning tips then you should definitely check out this article.

Happy planning!!!

same sex wedding attire

3 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on July 22, 2019 at 14:05
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our best-woman and her wife both wore dresses, but one was in the usual white and the other wore a black dress, and man, was it stunning!! The best woman is wearing a suit at our wedding, since she's usually more comfortable in pants vs. a dress, but she said she wanted to wow her wife at their wedding.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen same sex couples mix it up and I always love! One Bride in a dress and the other in a suit, or both in dresses! Or both in suits! I do love a Bride in a good white pant suit it is always so classy! I remember there was an episode of Say Yes to the Dress and there was a lesbian couple there to buy dresses together, they wanted them to match so they came out in the dresses together (but they were blind folded so they couldn't see one another) and their friends made sure the dresses chosen looked good together! It was amazing!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What an amazing article to share! Picking outfits for everyone is so difficult to begin with! I love that you and your wife went with your own styles, you both want to be comfortable!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics