Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Beginner November 2020 Quebec

Photographer Prices?

Shannon, on September 19, 2017 at 17:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Hey ladies!What is the average price for a photographer? I found one who's style of photography I absolutely LOVE but a bit out of my budget for $2500 for 6 hours. Is that average or too expensive?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 10:21
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a deal for 1300 included engagement pictures and full day of wedding. He was there when we needed him and he brought an assistant without charging extra. Amazing guy and professional.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We paid 2700 for 8 hrs. And shes amazing !!!!! Her photos are professional and I thought it was worth the price tag. Considering Ive seen portfolios of more expensive photographers, I thought our photographer was worth every penny!!!
    She might travel. Check out Focca Photography! She does great work!
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah yeah we're all the way in Ontario...but I checked her stuff out anyways and it's lovely!! Maybe I'll enquire about travel just incase. Thanks for your help!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Rachel Patterson Photography... She did a phenomenal job on our engagement photos and shes done a couple other friends weddings as well. Really impressed with her work. Shes based out of the Fraser Valley, but i dont know if she does any travel. She might?
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can I ask which photographer you used? $1500 is a good price!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is $260.00 for 3 hours!! He had a great website and I contacted several references who were completely satisfied with his work.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying $3900 for 2 photographers, for up to 10 hours. In our package, we also receive a custom photo album, unlimited photos, a USB with all of our photos, and unlimited consultations. It is expensive, but it was worth it for us as it was the one super important thing for me - the photos are what you always look back on to remember your day. Also, our photographers are a husband and wife team, who are so amazing, I got such a good vibe from the moment I first spoke to them, so that helped with the decision for sure.

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will definitely check him out! Thank you Smiley smile
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally worth it if you have amazing pictures to last a lifetime. I'm definitely in the same boat with never hearing the end of it ahah they'll thank us one day 😊
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Photography is definitely a part of our wedding day that I'm not willing to compromise on lol I feel like it's 100% worth the extra money for amazing pictures of your special day to last forever!
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer has an hourly rate of $400. We've booked her from 5-9, then I added her second shooter for $500. So a total of $ 2,100.00 - it took up a lot of our budget but it's worth it because she's amazing. I'll never hear the end of it from my fiance though Smiley xd
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are paying about 1900 for unlimited all day shooting and an engagement shoot is included in that. Check out Peter bendevis on facebool
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are paying $3400 for our package but that includes an unlimited amount of time and a second photographer for the ceremony. And since we are having an early ceremony (11am) and are having and grand exit (10pm) the unlimited time was a HUGE decision maker. It's looking like our photographer will be working for about 16ish hours on our wedding day. So, the $3400 didn't seem that bad for us.
    In my opinion, if you absolutely love them, it's worth it. Those pictures are one of the only physical things that come out of your wedding day.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying roughly around $3200 for 8-10 hours of photography with two shooters which also included a 2 hour engagement session; one being the professional and the other being his student. I wouldn't look on kijiji for a photographer.... but that's just my opinion.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're paying $260.00 for 3 hours of photography with a minimum of 150 shots up to 200 shots. I really had to search for this one. Found him on Kijiji and checked out his website as well as called several references.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We paid $2600 for 6 hours. She was amazing and we do not regret the decision. We are blown away by our photos. My biggest bit of advice is that if having great photos is important to you, it is so worth it to get an experienced professional and someone whose style and personality match your own. We cannot stop gushing about how much we loved our photographer Laura Clarke. Best decision and definitely worth it.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was given 2 quotes:
    -$800 for an amateur photographer for 4 hours
    -$1500 for 5 hours on wedding day and engagement package by a proffessional.
    The photo quality was incomparable between the 2 so we went with the $1500 package. It was easily the cheapest i found by hundreds of dollars in the proffessional realm.
    I Personally think $2600 is too much to pay for 6 hours, (im really cheap) but it doesnt seam unreasonable compared to other prices i have seen out there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics