M
Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia

Photographer - how much are you paying?

Mubina, on June 11, 2019 at 13:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 27
Saved Save
Wondering how much are the frugal brides paying for photography and what is included.

27 Comments

• Meaghan
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan
    • Dispute
    For my tiny wedding I spent $250 for the ceremony and some pictures afterwards. I'll get digital images of them.
    In retrospect, I wish I had had someone (like my mom, not a professional photogrspher) take pictures of us at dinner. I never even thought about it. But other than that, the amount of photography time we had was perfect.
  • Keri
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Keri
    • Dispute
    I鈥檓 SO happy to have discovered our photographer!! $1,675 (6hrs, 2 photographers, unlimited edited photos in colour & b&w, online gallery/digital download). We opted out of an engagement shoot & really love her style/eye! Meeting with her next week. 馃槉

After we needed to postpone our wedding (both went back to school, recently graduated) we decided to change our initial photographer (although fantastic, just more $ than we鈥檙e now budgeting for). I searched for a while to find ours, you鈥檒l find someone who fits your budget & style. Happy searching!
  • Michelle
    Featured October 2020 Nova Scotia
    Michelle
    • Dispute

Our photographer is a friend of mine from college, so he's giving us a friends and family discount which puts the cost at just under $2000, we added two extra hours to his standard package to make sure he's around for our sparkler exit and getting ready photos.

• C
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Christine
    • Dispute
    We found an amazing photographer for $2200. It is much more than I wanted to pay for our $5000 budget wedding but we are saving in other areas (eg our venue is backyard). It includes six hours, and engagement session, and an album. I think it also helps that we are having a very small wedding with only 20 people.
  • Tina
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Tina
    • Dispute

I WAS frugal, but that went out the window. I was planning a destination wedding, so it was really important to find a photographer who could be away for two weekends (travel was Sat to Sat). Found one who had reduced rates for a destination so booked her, at about $1600. Plans changed (just last week) to a local wedding due to FH's dad's health and her non-discounted rate is $3350. I still want to have her, no doubt, but it's a significant difference that I wasn't anticipating. We're making it work, but it basically doubled my photographer cost.

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I鈥檇 like to consider myself a frugal bride, searching for the best deal without compromising on what we want but still trying to come in under budget.
  • Sarah
    Devoted August 2020 Ontario
    Sarah
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Hahahh!!!!
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra
    • Dispute

Our photography and videography package is running us about $7000ish. This includes 2 photographers and 2 videographers, 12 hours of total coverage time, a USB drive with all the footage of the day, and our engagement shoot. We actually booked them for our wedding after booking them first for our engagement shoot. Once we determined that we loved working with them and loved the quality of their work (both our engagement photos and engagement videos turned out incredible), it was a no brainer for us to book them for our wedding as well!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy
    • Dispute
    So I was lucky I found a photographer and in our package we got engagement photos, the photographer for 4 hours and a photobooth for 2100. Because we are getting married at night we didn鈥檛 need him all day.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena
    • Dispute
    Our photographer is $3500. This includes 6 hours coverage, 2 photographers, 1000 edited images, a USB, online gallery and we got an engagement shoot included. She said we鈥檇 get about 50 edited images and 1 hour. It ended up being 3 hours and around 150 images.
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn
    • Dispute
    We went the frugal route. We chose my friend's younger sister - she's an incredibly talented hobbyist. She's building her portfolio, so all in all, we got high quality photos at several different locations around the city, at a fraction of the cost of an established photographer.
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique Online
    • Dispute

Just out of curiosity, how many people who've responded are frugal brides?

• Sarah
    Sarah
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    She is in Bewdley Ontario. Yurko Photography
  • Sarah
    Sarah
    • Dispute
    I forgot to add engagement photos are included as well
  • M
    Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Mubina
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Sarah, by any chance you can pass me her coordinates?
  • Sarah
    Sarah
    • Dispute
    We are paying $1850 for 6 hours, I think 300? Photos, and a 9x13 album.

I found our photographer on kijiji and she is awesome. Her prices start at $1400. We added the album which is what costs more. Most photographers that are cheaper have crappy photos or so I thought, but if you keep looking you can find a great one for reasonable rates.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles