Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

YVan
Beginner September 2020 Quebec

Photographer for a dinner celebration?

YVan, on January 19, 2020 at 09:59 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

Hi!

We're getting married this summer in a very intimate ceremony in Croatia this summer (only our parents will be there) and coming back home in Montreal we're having a little dinner celebration. I was planning to have a guest book where people could stick their polaroid pictures and write a little note.

That said... Should I hire a photographer? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on January 20, 2020 at 14:39
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are photographers that'll work for 2-4 hours or on an hourly basis. You could probably get a discount too if you aren't hiring them for a "wedding" but rather a "dinner celebration". Also look into student photographers or ask a friend who's handy with a camera to snap a few pics.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, since you wouldn't need them for that long you could probably get a photographer for a good price - so why not? But if you can't find a decent priced photographer for that amount of time then I would say sticking to phones and a polaroid would do the trick.

• Candice
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s up to you really. You could also consider a photography student should you not want to spend a lot but wish to have some photos. They should be slightly better than the average persons.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you plan on wearing your wedding dress when you come back for the dinner celebration? If you are, then go for it. Hire one for 2 hours. You have can some good family pics.

If you were not planning to wear your dress, then I would skip the photographer.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is up to you really. You can usually find photographers with small packages for parties rather than making a wedding package
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want a photographer you should get one. You can usually find one available for a few hours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics