Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flora
Frequent user September 2021 British Columbia

Photographer

Flora, on September 19, 2019 at 21:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28
Just wondering what you all paid for photographers.... I am not sure if they are asking too much and if i should look for other quotes.
For the whole day and two of them they are asking 2800..... Is it necessary to have two?
I wanted them while we were getting ready, ceremony and first dance. Iam not too worried about cutting the cake... I dunno any input on what you did would help. I am undecided.

28 Comments

Latest activity by Flora, on January 23, 2020 at 23:22
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For the wedding ?? We haven't had it yet but i have a couple quotes
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Rashedul Amin who is now in North Bay studying law.

• Shaney
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Shaney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Who was your photographer
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That seems to be the range I have been getting also.. thanks
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have got a few more quotes and I have worked with this photograph and waa happy with the results.
    I am still a ways out and haven't made a deposit yet. Still checking it out. Thanks
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea I totally agree. I looked around and got quotes. And I have worked with her already so I know I will like the finished product
  • Kaitlynn
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked our photographer for 9hrs and a secondary photographer for 6hrs, our total after tax was just under $2400. This includes an engagement session, and he's also been very helpful with planning our day's itinerary! This is a pretty standard price, in fact I would say better (cheaper) than average considering it includes a second shooter. I like that flexibility as it allows two people to shoot us getting ready separately, as well as one who goes with us for photos after the ceremony while one stays back to photograph our guests. Smiley smile

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flora...Never ever go with first quote! You need to check more then one, more the two...to find the best price and fit! I contact so many photographers and videographers...and DJ. And I compare their job and price! There was new photographers who was charging me price, what I was charged in pro studio, where men had a big experience. So not always the beginner will give you the best price! I will not say how much I paid, because I really got very, very good deal..but I will see what will be results! I still need to wait till our wedding day!

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We paid $2600 (plus tax so about $2900 in total) for ours. This includes 2 shooters for 8 hours and an engagement shoot. I looked at a fair amount of photographers and I would say $2500-$3200 is pretty standard for 8 hours!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I paid $3000 for 2 photographers (1 for 8 hours, and 1 for 4 of those 8 hours). This included engagement photos (we received 300 edited photos) and over 1500 edited photos from our wedding.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We paid $7500 for our photographer from 9am until 1am

• Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes she can adjust price according to what I want.
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thank you.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats pretty good. im paying 6k for 2 photographers and 1 videograpgher with same day edits and 14 hours of service!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For two photographers and the whole day that seems pretty much the going rate. It's up to you if that's what you want to pay. I'm going with one photographer for 10 hours (she is just starting out, she has a year and a half to get even better lol) and the price is about half. If $2800 it's in your budget then I'm sure you can find someone to do it for cheaper but it all depends on what you are looking for and what is important to you for pictures.
  • Taylor
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally, I opted to spend a little more on my photographer as I have a terrible memory so it's important to me to have photos that capture the day. $2800 seems really reasonable for two photographers, especially if you're happy with their work. While photographers can be pricey you have to remember the time and money they have put into their profession.
    I'm paying around $5,000 for 10 hours, 2 photographers, all images in both colour and black and white, a 5-10 minute video (because my FH both agree that we don't need a 45 minute video of our day), an engagement session and a professionally printed and bound wedding book.
    The price is steep, but we also really like the guys we met with and everyone raves about how professional and easy going they were, their style is also right up my alley as they do more candid shots which is perfect for someone like me, who hates pictures.
    Bottom line, if you like their work and believe they will be professional on the day and give you what you want, I don't think you'll be disappointed spending fhat money in the end.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I paid $5,500 - This includes 2 Photographers & 2 Videographers for full day coverage!
    This was a company based out of Toronto, ON - So I am not sure on pricing in BC!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine's around $2300 - but for the right photographer, I'd pay $2800! We wanted 2 shooters but you might only need/want the one - talk to your photographer about it. Our 2nd shooter is only there for getting ready, ceremony and formal photos after ceremony, which save us from having him at the reception (another plate) and is less money, which could be an option for you.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your price quoted seems high as I had seen prices somewhat lower than that.

I (personally) paid $1300 for a package that included a whole day of wedding and engagement shots.

Compare quotes and choose the best one that fits within your budget if the vendor is willing to work towards your amount.

• Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow yea that's way too much for me lol
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a beautiful photo! Ya, I would say if you're happy with the work then that price is definitely reasonable. Some photographers charge 10k.

• Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thanks. Yea I think she did great on our engagement photos.

Photographer 1
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think $2800 for two is a pretty good deal. My brothers best friends are wedding photographers and they're actually one of my mentors for photography. So they gave us a deal and it is still $3400. It would have been $4000 plus travel without the deal.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although we went with a friend who is doing it for way less - we had about a dozen quotes for photography and they all ranged around $2,300 all the way to $4,000. That would have been 2018 pricing though.

• Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok..ours is 2021 so it's not too bad then... I really like her she did a good job with thr engagement photos
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have two full day photographers for $2500, but i booked in 2018 with 2018 pricing!
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok. I will have to aak those questions... they are ones I honestly didn't even think of. She did our engagement photos...we actually just did them today and she charged us 50 for 15 edited photos.. thank you
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s good to have two so they can capture the different angles during your ceremony. That being said; I wouldn’t say that it’s absolutely necessary.

how many hours did you want them for? how many edited photos does that include? does it include an engagement shoot?

My photographer is on the high end, I paid $7000 I think for 2 photographers, 10 hours of coverage, 1000+ edited photos, engagement photos with 300 edited photos. My photographer is really pricey. I think the average price is $**** but again - it depends on what’s included.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics