Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Photographer

Angel, on July 18, 2019 at 02:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
I am looking for my wedding photographer but my budget is under 1000. Does anyone here know anyone? Thank you!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Lindsay, on July 18, 2019 at 23:45
  • Lindsay
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That price is going to be hard to find. I scored my photographer for $1,500 for 10 hours of coverage ($150 per hour) and that was cheap compared to anybody else. Everyone else I looked at is $2000-$3000 if they’re experienced. If your budget is flexible try checking him out, Keen & Posh Photography.

His original quote for 8 hours was $1,200 but we extended him to 10.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Might be hard to find. I’ve seen a couple starting around $1200 though. Try joining the GTA Wedding Buy and Sell and ask there. There’s tons of photographers on there that may help
  • Mystica
    Beginner August 2020 British Columbia
    Mystica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your budget is actually flexible, you might want to consider investing more into photos/videos because these will be the most important keepsakes from your biggest day. But if not, I hope that you can find someone/a student!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t personally! I might try emailing different colleges and asking their photography department? Sorry I’m not much help!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You may want to consider searching into college students that are taking photography and willing to go to your budget. They may not be as professional though it will help you save that much more if your willing to accept the results.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No sorry, I'm located in Winnipeg MB so I doubt my photographer (she's not a student but rather trying to up her portfolio and is a friend) would want to travel all the way to Ontario Smiley tongue

I would go about contacting local colleges and university's to see if you could post something on their bulletin and/or posting in a Facebook group as well for Weddings in Ontario.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Kelsie. Look into any wedding groups that are in your area, or any photographers starting out.

You can try contacting colleges in the area, sometimes students may have projects, or are looking to expand their portfolio!

I have seen some Wedding Wire vendors who offer discounts if you contact them through here!

• A
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will definitely look into that! But do you know any college student? Thank you!
  • A
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you know any college student? Or where to find one? Thank you so much!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well here on WeddingWire I looked under Etobicoke for photographers and there is only one that pops up- Prime in Lights Media

Their starting package says $850 and there is also a 15% discount for finding them on WW!

Otherwise I found it difficult to find photographers for that price as most start at $1,000 - I agree with Kelsie; a student photographer would save major money and help them beef up their resume! You may even be able to get more than one do it together!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try looking on Facebook! There’s a wedding group there where you can advertise what you’re looking for!

Another option could be a college student in a photography program.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics