Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Newbie September 2018 British Columbia

Photographer & Videographer

Liz, on February 16, 2018 at 16:30 Posted in British Columbia 0 4

Hi Ladies,

I'm looking for some advice. How much should I budget for a really good photographer and videographer? I know it all depends on their work and packages, but I kind of want to know a rough estimate so I can create a healthy budget. Thanks.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Ariane, on March 16, 2018 at 13:19
  • Ariane
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Ariane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Fiance and I's budget for a full day of photography is $1500. I was surprised to find out that was not very realistic. I hadn't realized how expensive wedding photography was. I did do lots of research, reached out to many photographers to ask about their packages and got lots of good information. Many photographers are willing to work with you and help you stay in your budget. I happened to stumble on a photographer we want to have shoot our wedding on Kijiji. I wandered over to his website and was very impressed with his work, and his pricing. His pricing and photos were much nicer than photographers I've talked to.

I hope you find what you are looking for, and good luck!

• L
    Liz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Ana and Joey Smiley smile

• Ana
    Ana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends what you mean by a "really good photographer". The packages for two shooters and 10+ hours of coverage with better photographers I found were like $6k and up. Very pricey! I would say there is a fair amount of mid-range photographers in the $3500-$4500. I am not getting a professional videographer as I couldn't justify the pricing (it seemed really high for anything non-cheesy, like $5k and up) so I am not able to give you specifics. Good luck!!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like you said it can vary hugely, but in my area the average is around 2K or 3K. You can find savings if you have only one shooter, or have them for fewer hours. Have you sent any inquiries?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics